2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I too launched for the first time this year to fish HITW. As soon as I cleared the marina I dropped the line. Before I even had a chance to tighten it fish on. A nice 45 under to start the season. We would get bands of clouds rolling thru with winds and rain only to pass and see a little sun. Then one very large dark cloud formation started coming our way which didn't look good. Decided to troll back to the marina in hopes we could beat it. We'll sure as he'll it caught up to us. Raining sideways wind blowing and bouncing like mad in the water. I looked at my son and said hope we don't get a hit in these conditions. We'll it happened. My rod starts shaking and I'm out there getting soaked and holding on for dear life in the waves. But as any other fisherman would do the hell with the weather fish on. To make matters worse the line gets caught up in the reel to add to the challenge. But in the end I prevailed and landed a keeper. One minute later same weather conditions and my sons rod starts screaming. We could tell this was a big one as it was run after run. Damn the weather we were not going to lose this one. Had to maneuver the boat sideways to the waves to line him up and net it. What a hog!!!! Biggest I have ever seen for around here and this time of year in 10 yrs of fishing this area. Just a guess around 18-20 lbs. Please no comments on guessed weight as that is not the point. It was a female and white. So can anyone suggest where it may be from as that size and white are not unique for this time of year. We have 7 more shakers to fill the day. Also interesting that the bouncing of the boat and rods was the reason for the hitsHope I can attach a picture View attachment 62786View attachment 62787
New to the area. Just wondering what HITW stands for and where about the location is. Thanks!

New to the area. Just wondering what HITW stands for and where about the location is. Thanks!
Hole in the Wall. Today it generally refers to the shoreline north of Horseshoe Bay, extending to Sunset Marina. Historically, it referred to a smaller area which was a popular mooching spot; there is actually a small cave-like hole just north of the ferry terminal, outside the outer margin of the bay.

Anyone hitting it today? Must be beautiful! Few more days and I'm ready to roll, hope to get out this weekend for sure. Cheers

Heading out today. Hitting Hole in the wall then Hutt Island then Grace. Will keep fishing until I have some good news to report.
See you on the water.
Hole in the wall was a skunk with wind and high swell so we did one run then ran to Hutt where we picked up a keeper on the bottom with a coho killer herring aid between Hutt and the first marker then shot over to give Grace a try but no luck then over to end the day at Tundstall where we got sealed in the first 10 minutes but then picked up another keeper on the bottom at Roger Curtis Point with a coho killer homeland security
Gutted both fish at the Marina dock and they were both stuffed with very small anchovies

Started this morning at HITW and landed one spring just under. Then we headed to Bell bouy around slack tide at 2:30 and fished there for a few hours. Caught one legal spring and one just under, as well as about 6 shakers. Not a bad day out on the water. All fish were caught on an irish cream coho killer, behind a no banannas flasher with a 42 inch leader, right on the bottom.

Back