2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Is it just me or does it seem like this winter has been more windy with far fewer calm days to go out on the water than previous years? I am in a smaller boat and wife's stomach is sensitive to bad chop so we typically try to pick days that are 5-10knots or less. I keep an eye on a regular basis but just seems like there are not as many openings this winter. Even if it's light or 5-10 in the morning, if it's blowing hard the evening before it's still pretty bad the following morning despite low winds... Hopefully rest of Feb will be better.
I agree.

Is it just me or does it seem like this winter has been more windy with far fewer calm days to go out on the water than previous years? I am in a smaller boat and wife's stomach is sensitive to bad chop so we typically try to pick days that are 5-10knots or less. I keep an eye on a regular basis but just seems like there are not as many openings this winter. Even if it's light or 5-10 in the morning, if it's blowing hard the evening before it's still pretty bad the following morning despite low winds... Hopefully rest of Feb will be better.
Glass out here today.

I came across to the Coast on the 530 to check on the shack in the upper deck pole position spot. Stunning views, flat calm, and still guys buzzing around between Bowen and Keats. I would have taken the boat for sure but my youngest wasn't having it. Anyway good luck to you all who can push off this weekend, its gonna get frosty next week it seems!

Fished from 11-3pm in the harbour - got very spotty at the end. No hits and whiskers followed the entire time. Good bait balls around the bell buoy. Have gone 0/6 in winter outings so far this year...

Fished from 11-3pm in the harbour - got very spotty at the end. No hits and whiskers followed the entire time. Good bait balls around the bell buoy. Have gone 0/6 in winter outings so far this year...
Ouch. Still better than work.

Seen on news that fisheries did a sweep of over 200 traps maybe they got them
This were all sunken crab traps on a single line to go undetected. Obviously illegal harvesting. I doubt they were going around scooping up peoples prawn traps

Back