2021 Ucluelet Reports

Saw a couple of teens taken by Red Can over the weekend but no good hookups for us. Beg seems to have smaller fish, but still keepers.

We went offshore and had two small chickens at Big bank. Pretty slow for us. Saw lots of salmon jumping but we didn’t troll at all. We did pick up one nice spring near Forbes island yesterday.

Any recent reports for Chinook along the shoreline or Hali offshore?

Heading up Wednesday night through Sunday for my first rip of the year.

Cheers!

I just got home. There are fish at the red can, little beach, Begg and great Bear. Wya and Flo are okay but not hot, but could change any day. I ran to big bank for a Hali yesterday after getting chins at red can because reports were that long beach has halis, but also piles of dogfish.
34 litres total and there wás a blackfish ( 8-10 including a mom and tot that came right by to see if I was deploying my anchor safely) and humpback welcoming committee. So cool, and worth the run on flat water. Temp was 65*F on my Hali spot part of the bank.

Finally got out for the first trip of the season in the me new to me 190 Double Eagle. We fished Cree Saturday: lots of smaller fish, but steady action on Springs with some coho in the mix. Fished Flo and Wya Sunday morning and had steady coho action with only one of them being clipped. A few smaller springs in the mix, but it was very slow.

Was out at Flemming on Saturday. Lots of action on both Coho and Springs. All keeper size but smaller fish. They were hitting on small needle fish lures. Same type as coho killers.

Leaving for Ukee on August 6th for a few days. Any idea how the coho fishing should be at that time would be much appreciated!
Thanks

Leaving for Ukee on August 6th for a few days. Any idea how the coho fishing should be at that time would be much appreciated!
Thanks
There will be lots of them rest assured.

Looks like Chinook up to 80 cm are now open outside the 1 mile mark now. Hoping to get out by Turtle head, inside/outside South Bank and Adapose on the weekend.

Any one try Wya and Flow lately?

Looks like Chinook up to 80 cm are now open outside the 1 mile mark now. Hoping to get out by Turtle head, inside/outside South Bank and Adapose on the weekend.

oppps I’m sorry I miss understood your post my apologies

Area 123

DAILY QUOTA AND SIZE RESTRICTION:

Effective July 15 until July 31 2021 in that portion of Area 123 seaward of the 1 nm Boundary Line, the daily limit is two (2) Chinook, with a minimum size limit of 45 cm, and a maximum size limit of 80 cm. The Boundary Line is approximately 1nm seaward of the surf line. For full definition of the Boundary Line please see the bottom of this fisheries notice.

Last edited:

Fished Wya after a loop at little beach this am. Looks good on the screen but not many fish in there. Decent quality fish with lots of entertainment value. I only had a 2 pack on board so it was good enough to fill the tags with some patience. Little spoons. Had it to ourselves after a slow start sent the other couple guide boats up to portland. Portland has been good volume for a couple days. Bank has seen most of the effort since opening.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210716-155321_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210716-155321_Gallery.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 254
  • Screenshot_20210716-155343_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210716-155343_Gallery.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 244
Fished Wya after a loop at little beach this am. Looks good on the screen but not many fish in there. Decent quality fish with lots of entertainment value. I only had a 2 pack on board so it was good enough to fill the tags with some patience. Little spoons. Had it to ourselves after a slow start sent the other couple guide boats up to portland. Portland has been good volume for a couple days. Bank has seen most of the effort since opening.
You just made my day lol

Back