Was a bit late to the party for tide change last night at the spit. Had a double header of undersize right off the bat and a long line release 10 minutes later, current was starting to pull and died off after that.

Pop quiz hotshot:

you’re fishing early afternoon on a stunningly beautiful day. Today to be specific. You get the rod down and get a hit within 10 seconds. You play it to the boat quickly and see it’s a likely a keeper 7-8 lbs 62-63cm.

Do you:

A) bonk it, turn around and go back to the launch and brag how good you are at limiting out within 5 minutes 2 trips in a row?

OR… do you:

B) ‘let it go’ (because your daughter watches frozen so much that stupid song is in your head and you can’t help but sing it to yourself 24/7), in hopes of catching a nice 14-15 pounder in the next few hours?

I made the wrong choice. I let it go. Then it was the shaker show for the next couple of hours.

I’m a doof.

Pop quiz hotshot:

you’re fishing early afternoon on a stunningly beautiful day. Today to be specific. You get the rod down and get a hit within 10 seconds. You play it to the boat quickly and see it’s a likely a keeper 7-8 lbs 62-63cm.

Do you:

A) bonk it, turn around and go back to the launch and brag how good you are at limiting out within 5 minutes 2 trips in a row?

OR… do you:

B) ‘let it go’ (because your daughter watches frozen so much that stupid song is in your head and you can’t help but sing it to yourself 24/7), in hopes of catching a nice 14-15 pounder in the next few hours?

I made the wrong choice. I let it go. Then it was the shaker show for the next couple of hours.

I’m a doof.
C) have friends ….always keep the first. Lol.

Yep agreed. I done screwed up. That’s how we learn.
most of the action was on green glow stuff mid column at coal island. Bait was plentiful, and I did rock a few beauty dungees for dinner so not a total waste of time ;)59C8C199-0259-4BC6-A50A-4106BE37256C.jpeg22DD9C6E-34EC-440C-97BD-6E3DB52B33B6.jpeg

Another beautiful but sadly fishless night. Lots of bait & boats over at the open area by fairfax. Didn’t see anyone fighting anything though. Bait boiling on the surface close in. Tried it all pink flasher snd pink hootchie shallow. Coho killer, skinny g, 602 plug. You name it. Zero bites. What are you guys having success with?

1F6B973C-6846-453B-8BA2-61A589657F19.jpeg

Some anniversary fishing at Fairfax this morning. Stupid me read the current charts before had coffee and was 2h off!

Anyway, out into the ebb River this morning with nothing really going on. Once the current died down enough to transition from the closed to open side, we hit into a 5lb pink while going about mach 2 to clear the tide rip (11:15 ish)

One more strike after that, but didn't stick.

Purple haze flasher and pink squirt did the trick.

Pop quiz hotshot:

Do you:

OR… do you:

I’m a doof.
Sounds like the next version of Webster's has a pending update for "Stizzla'd"? Term has evolved from "can't catch fish" to "can't keep fish"? Happens to us all. :)

Sounds like the next version of Webster's has a pending update for "Stizzla'd"? Term has evolved from "can't catch fish" to "can't keep fish"? Happens to us all. :)
It’s hard to believe I’m still rocking the same cannonball snubbers that came with my boat over a year ago!

Another beautiful but sadly fishless night. Lots of bait & boats over at the open area by fairfax. Didn’t see anyone fighting anything though. Bait boiling on the surface close in. Tried it all pink flasher snd pink hootchie shallow. Coho killer, skinny g, 602 plug. You name it. Zero bites. What are you guys having success with?

View attachment 69671
I was out on Monday. We caught 2 in the AM. 12 and 18.5lb on Anchovie

Back