2021 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Started the day at Quarry from 9-11:30. Lots of bait but only one missed strike. Headed down to Temple Rock and picked up a nice little ling. Fished the West side of Bjerre and picked up 2 springs in 160' of water. Grab the prawn trap on the east side of bjerre and surprisingly pulled our limit. Capped the day off with a pod of Orcas cruising up the strait. Best day we have had on the water all year.

Started the day at Quarry from 9-11:30. Lots of bait but only one missed strike. Headed down to Temple Rock and picked up a nice little ling. Fished the West side of Bjerre and picked up 2 springs in 160' of water. Grab the prawn trap on the east side of bjerre and surprisingly pulled our limit. Capped the day off with a pod of Orcas cruising up the strait. Best day we have had on the water all year.

Those orcas passed our place off roberts creek, then popped into Davis Bay and headed up front here. Man they sure covered some ground. Awesome day for you, cheers.

Fished this evening from 6pm till 7:30 out at Epsom. Caught and released a beauty Wild Coho that gave me a great dance.. Shortly after we caught a 12lb Spring. Both fish caught on anchovies with glo teaser heads green onion flashers 67 feet on the riggers in 150' of water.
Not really marking much in the way of bait. A super nice night on the water!

Question for the residents: what fishing opportunities might there be in late September? Considering going up the last weekend to close the cabin on Thormanby. Anything around then other than feeder springs?

Question for the residents: what fishing opportunities might there be in late September? Considering going up the last weekend to close the cabin on Thormanby. Anything around then other than feeder springs?
I haven't had a bite in the last 6 hours of fishing if that's any indication.

I haven't had a bite in the last 6 hours of fishing if that's any indication.
Check the regs, only chum, pinks and hatchery coho open after Sept 1.

Check the regs, only chum, pinks and hatchery coho open after Sept 1.
I think you’ll find Chinook will be open with the 80 cm limit removed after September 1st. At least that’s been the case since they implemented the 80 cm limit the last couple years. The daily limit increases to 2 but the yearly max of 10 still applies.

It’s silly you can’t get this information until the app updates on the day.

I think you’ll find Chinook will be open with the 80 cm limit removed after September 1st. At least that’s been the case since they implemented the 80 cm limit the last couple years. The daily limit increases to 2 but the yearly max of 10 still applies.

It’s silly you can’t get this information until the app updates on the day.
Hope so, fishing has been great this year for me through July and August, but the last week slowed right down. I saw a couple springs netted on Saturday at QB but I was limited to one missed strike, and lost one. Heard a couple fish where found around Epsom and Bjerre but certainly seems the migratory fish have moved through. Even the local expert is only showing off Ling the past week ;). I wasn't targeting pinks but I would guess they have moved through as well given the recent rains.

Curious if many have headed over to Little Qualicum for late Sept / October Springs?

I was finding them last Friday and Saturday off roberts creek, around 100' brtween the jetty and tje byng sign, which had been pretty barren for me the week before. One was an epic freight train that had other plans then the next morning I went back and bonked his buddy, 74 cm beautiful red.

I, too, believe the fish are on the move now and these rains are getting the fish moving again.

Good luck!

Back out today for the high slack . Fished Epsom between 150-180 deep with lines at 67 and 72. Landed a nice 14lb Marble Chinook and a pink. Fished between 3pm and 5pm both fish caught on anchovies with green glo teaser and lemon lime flashers

Attachments

• IMG_1854(1).jpg
    IMG_1854(1).jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 50
Heading up to Pender this weekend for one last trip before the kids go back to School. Never fished Pender Harbour area before. Looking for any updates as to where fish are being found and what is working (only have three days there and looks like the weather will reduce that to may one or two fishable day for my 18 ft. boat...hoping the long range forecast changes).

Can't really go long range so was planning to stay close to Quarry and Agaememnon Channel for some salmon trolling and some drops for lingcod/coppers...

Goal is to get the kids into at least one or two hook ups so they will be excited the next time I ask if they want to go fishing...any advice from those more experienced locals is appreciated...Thanks.

Managed to get one in Anderson bay,
Lost 2 other good fish, Got the other at pilings both on anchovies 180ft on Wednesday. Got another one today at epsom 126ft anchovy. Was talking to a gentleman at John Henry’s grabbing fuel, said his buddy caught a 35lb (released) south end of the shoals
0E0D818A-953D-4A01-9149-D167791BB26C.jpeg

I was finding them last Friday and Saturday off roberts creek, around 100' brtween the jetty and tje byng sign, which had been pretty barren for me the week before. One was an epic freight train that had other plans then the next morning I went back and bonked his buddy, 74 cm beautiful red.

I, too, believe the fish are on the move now and these rains are getting the fish moving again.

Good luck!
Stopped off Robert’s Creek Friday at high slack on my way to Smugglers Cove with my wife and hooked into a nice Chinook that took my Avocado Dream for a run after one minute - fasted hooked fish I have ever caught. No space in the cooler so carefully released it back for you guys to catch. Then had a double header on the Avocado Dream one side and a small single hook pink hoochie on the other side in 60ft of water by accident while I was in the cabin lighting the stove, and pulled in two small Ling which also went back into the chuck.

Back