2021 Powell River Reports

Sitting here looking out at McRae Rocks and seeing the odd boat out there. Wondered if there were any salmon being caught.

Yes, I am in Frolander Bay. A boat came in the other day and docked inside the bay. The name on the boat is "Fog Ducker."

Fished Coho Point yesterday from 4:00 til 6:30. Two on board. It was a bit sloppy with some whitecaps, but very fishable.
Maybe ten boats out. Heard lots of eee-haws, so I guess everyone was into fish.
We caught a few just under & two nice eaters at 9.2 & 11.4 pounds.
Fairly steady action on green haze flasher with green & white glow 3" Coyote on one side. No bananas flasher & matching skinny G on the other. 15 pound balls at 190 & 220 on the riggers. Lots of small feed balls around.
Two fish (one was the 11 pounder) were caught almost at the surface when I was checking gear. I don't know if they followed the gear up, of they were holding shallow. Didn't see any good arcs near the surface.
Definitely a good day on the water! Nice & cool in the breeze. Wind pretty much died by the time we made it back to the harbour. Going out again on Monday. Anyone have reports from iron mine or mace point?
Edit... Both fish had 6" - 7" herring in their stomachs.

We found our two again today, but we had to work for them. On the water by 6:45 AM. started at coho point.
fished flashers & spoons at 190 & 220 on the riggers in 200 - 350'. One 7 pounder early and a couple of unders before we decided to move.
Headed for sandbank & trolled around for a while. Decided to try for coho or pinks, so ran a white with pink stripes hoochie at 75'. No pinks or coho, but two just under Chinook & one fat 13.8 lb Chinook, just as we were deciding to call it a day. First line peeler of the season!
Fished anchovies on the deep line. One undersize & a few hits was all that earned us.
Another good day on the water... especially after the 3' rollers settled down. It was a bumpy ride out in the morning.

Back