2021 Port Renfrew Reports

Report from the old man fishing up there today was that it slowed down. Lost 1 and got 1 at first light then dead after that. It has been on fire for us since August 3rd so maybe that rain this past weekend moved the fish along.
Pacific gateway long term parking. Sometime between the 13th and the 17th.

Was fishing renfrew with my 4year old ties afternoon and we’d morning. Not a bite. East point, whalbran, campers and everywhere in between. Saw the odd fish netted but it was sloooow. Heavy fog Wednesday morning forced a wack of boats to east point.

Fished 6 hours yesterday from Camper to Walbran and back. Zero. Based on what we saw and heard on the radio, it was pretty much the same for everyone else. Lots of fog. Might be a tough derby weekend unless some fish move in.

Ran over yesterday for a solo trip wasn’t sure what to expect heard the bite had slowed down the last few days. Started at camper made 4 passes before deciding to try something new so I ended up trolling to Logan creek I arrived right before slack and out a 10lber in the box next pass lost a mid teener at the net finally after a couple more passes was able to put a 14lber in the net good enough to head home! stopped out in the shipping channel for 30mins to look for coho caught one wild coho and 4 pinks all were released!

Attachments

• 5C5E6431-F492-404B-BAAF-89B23F3E6458.jpeg
    5C5E6431-F492-404B-BAAF-89B23F3E6458.jpeg
    345.7 KB · Views: 84
Fished East Point for 3 hours Saturday high slack, lost 2. Fished Camper Sunday 11-1, caught a 14# and lost another about the same beside the boat. Caught on anchovy, fished 32-42'. On the way home, took the Cowichan route. Met a DFO/RCMP checkpoint. Asked to see my fish and licence. All was good, which is better than I can say for the drivers of the two vehicles that were being loaded on a float deck tow truck.

Haven’t heard much for reports this week going to give it my last shot of the season September 5-6 has anyone had much luck in September for kings

Anything happening in Renfrew? Deciding wether or not to make the trip out there for a few nights with a 7 week old baby.

Still some springs around but you have to work for them. There was a on off bite at Camper on Sunday and coho fishing is ok with a few hatchery in the mix. The annual snag fest is in full swing on the bridge but no coho yet as its a bit early still.
got to camper 730 ,corner at Owen good ,smooth but low low swell at camper,no fog.no anchovy so we used 5in herring in chovy heads.no heavy bite only saw a couple nets,but chipped 4 springs and a hatchery coho,first at 800 last at 1130.friends started at east point and got 2 springs and 2 coho,but I don’t know particulars.like fins said gotta spend time and with this weather plus low rivers…

Anyone know if the coho derby is happening this year? Planning a trip possibly to Renfrew for the end of September and hoping to get into some coho. We fished the 2018 derby and it was very slow.

Any recent Coho reports?
Few around lots of small ones, 3-6 lbs, shakers are a pain in the butt, killed 2x hatch 1 at 10lbs the other 7lbs, release a bunch of 3-6 lbs both wild and hatch and a million shakers.

Back