2021 Port Renfrew Reports

Almost time to panic, when even grinding is not working, some have showed at the bank, but beach sucks

I'm hearing it's good especially at the bank. On the plane early in the morning heading back for 3 weeks. I'll be fishing the high slack in the afternoon. Can't wait!

Anything newat PRM ? Always went to thier site for a feel of how the fishing has been and this year nothing. Hope all is good over there itsagreat place and i've always enjoyed going there.

Anything newat PRM ? Always went to thier site for a feel of how the fishing has been and this year nothing. Hope all is good over there itsagreat place and i've always enjoyed going there.

Not anything new this year. I heard the band takes it over in November? They are really short staffed so probably not doing much updating these days on their site. You can check out the websites of any of the guides that run out of there and get current info I’m sure.

Not anything new this year. I heard the band takes it over in November? They are really short staffed so probably not doing much updating these days on their site. You can check out the websites of any of the guides that run out of there and get current info I’m sure.
I thought the bandwas taking over Gateway?

I emailed Tedi, Bud's wife and ask about the lack of updates and she said Rex does the site now and hates to update and does not email. She said other than that they are busy at the marina.

I emailed Tedi, Bud's wife and ask about the lack of updates and she said Rex does the site now and hates to update and does not email. She said other than that they are busy at the marina.
There is not much to report, fishing is spotty at best, the bank is good for chinook if you feel like doing the run,Hali is spotty too, beach as been slow for a week now, few fish coming out of east point and camper but for the amount of pressure it’s not great

There is not much to report, fishing is spotty at best, the bank is good for chinook if you feel like doing the run,Hali is spotty too, beach as been slow for a week now, few fish coming out of east point and camper but for the amount of pressure it’s not great
Thanks, it’ll turn on soon.

It was good this morning after a bit of a boat ride but flat water. My son got his first Tyee at 32lbs….he is still smiling. Lol. Crabbing was a bit slower so might have to move my traps around to find them. There seemed to be lots of females now.

Arrived camper 730ish today,my partners anchovy(sorry don’t know colour) green flasher and Bucky’s
brine got 3springs
One 79 wahoo!. Out one contour not tight 30ft on rigger,all caught North tack end of ebb.
other line green flash ,bloody nose green white spoon 1 small spring n two coho.
added Chovy (silver head.)to other rod ,tail stripped while landing fish,then I hadda bail.
Gl

First boat to the launch this morning at 5:00am. Weather was great. No fog at camper at first light. Landed an 8lb spring in the first 35 minutes. Lost a high teener at 6:30. Landed a fat 80 cm spring that weighed 19 lbs at 8:00. 9:30 we landed another 80 cm spring that was 17 lbs. Quiet for the rest of the day. We saw some big fish released and could tell people were trying their best to be delicate with them. Fog came in for about 45 minutes at 10:00am. I did see one high 20’s on being unhooked at the back of a boat. The fellow had his fingers inside the fishes gills while the iPhone came out. Once the photo was done it was thrown into the water only to float to the surface. SMH.

First boat to the launch this morning at 5:00am. Weather was great. No fog at camper at first light. Landed an 8lb spring in the first 35 minutes. Lost a high teener at 6:30. Landed a fat 80 cm spring that weighed 19 lbs at 8:00. 9:30 we landed another 80 cm spring that was 17 lbs. Quiet for the rest of the day. We saw some big fish released and could tell people were trying their best to be delicate with them. Fog came in for about 45 minutes at 10:00am. I did see one high 20’s on being unhooked at the back of a boat. The fellow had his fingers inside the fishes gills while the iPhone came out. Once the photo was done it was thrown into the water only to float to the surface. SMH.
Yes it’s unfortunate some don’t have a clue how to handle a fish. Another few days and we be able to keep some bigger fish.

Went out to port renfrew today. Tried for smelt from 3:30 yo 6:30. Nothing. Anyone had luck? Is the season over or has not yet started? Thank you

Went out to port renfrew today. Tried for smelt from 3:30 yo 6:30. Nothing. Anyone had luck? Is the season over or has not yet started? Thank you
Just got back from the long weekend, not hot and heavy but if you put in time there's springs around, managed to grab 3 around 26-28lbs and some teeners with them aswell. We had better luck just up from woods nose . Good weather along with that aswell!

Attachments

• 20210802_074234.jpg
    20210802_074234.jpg
    422.6 KB · Views: 225
  • 20210801_155657.jpg
    20210801_155657.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 219
  • 20210801_155659.jpg
    20210801_155659.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 221
Back