2021 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

Hello can someone remind me how the Overnight parking works in Port. I parked there before but it’s been 10 plus years

Thank you,
Scott

Any information on the Port Alberni Derby so far? Facebook page is still showing 2020 results. Thanks.

Saturday fished Pill, Fleming, sanford, Assitts……. In that order……. Terrible, one of worst days fishing up there. 1 12lb spring at Assitts about 3pm…… no other hits even. Lots of boats at pill, never seen a net out all day, 3 other boats we knew, same results.

today. ….from China creek up to the slide and a few passes , then trolled up to hocking point and back, not a sniff….. very few fish being caught: heard a 17lb caught at Dunsmuir…….

Last edited:
If this commercial opening thing and fish getting lock jaw thing has been an issue for a number of years, instead of saying “this is my last year”, how about suggest they move the date up before the usual commercial/FN opening.

Tough derby for sure.

Still some fish around just have to be a "dog on a bone"and change up tactictics /locations when required. lots of hours spent without a sniff. I was pretty stubborn and didnt run anything but anchovies/herring all weekend.

both saturday and sunday had some mediocre /ok action around diplock/tzartus/satilite passage.

Fished hard from the harbour to Dunsmuir. Used all the tactics I know, even made some up. It got to the point where I even tried a Deep Six, then a dodger and slip weight. Not a hit. The only thing we could have done was fish right until the end each day, but you can only bang your head on the wall so many times.
Had fun with my partners though ;-)

Last edited:
Back