2021 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

Buddies out today got into a slab using 5" plugs around 2:00.... China creek area after fishing pill point and swale in the morning. Looking at the river cameras the last couple days the sockeye are moving through and with that I am guessing more springs have arrived. Now is the time to get out there before the commercial fleets clean them out

Plenty of fish there at the moment. We landed several sockeye on anchovy. Large schools of them still showing on the sounder. Nice size as well. They all seemed to have a lot of energy left upon release. Hopefully they make it up the river.
Springs are fighters as well.

Landed 4 decent springs today between Coulsons mill and China Creek. Fish are in good shape. Fished small spoons and hootchies. Had hits on almost everything. Lots of sockeye still showing in the area. 60’ seemed to be our depth today.

We ended up with 5 springs this morning . All 15-20lb and one 27 .
All on chovies 35-40ft . Mostly around Stamp narrows . Nothing after 7:30

We where out this am and trolled Leaning Tree area. Lots of schooling Sox.
on the finder, we got 6 of them to the boat before 9 and lost others. They seemed
to be healthy and big. We finally got a small keeper Chin. at around 10:30 by the log dump,
some of the other boats we talked to had caught 1 or 2 Chins. we did not see much net action
around us today, very quiet. We caught the keeper on RC's Blue and silver flasher with "No Bananas"
spoon recommendation at 90 on the rigger. All the Sox.s where caught on a green and silver f.
and a 'Herring Aid" spoon.

I was out this morning at the crack of 9:30 and fished til 12:30. Saw a few caught, we didn’t get a sniff. Tried spoons, with and without flashers, and hootchies. Caught a nice sockeye retrieving the lines while packing up. Released of course but this fish was damaged from who knows what.

I didn't seem very peaky out there yesterday. Mabye there late. A friend of mine goes to
the Bella Coola for pinks every year, this year there was none in the river yet. He was there when
those people died on the river, so very tragic. He floated the area 4 times That day looking, and never found
anyone.

Last edited:
I didn't seem very peaky out there yesterday. Mabye there late. A friend of mine goes to
the Bella Coola for pinks every year, this year there was none in the river yet. He was there when
those people died on the river, so very tragic. He floated the area 4
those people died on the river, so very tragic. He floated the area 4 times That day looking, and never found
anyone.
They are pouring into the inlet thru Bamfield and Ucluelet

Went 6 for 6 by 7:15 after 7:30 seemed like the bite just died. Biggest fish was about 20 pounds. Anchovies and 2 fish on skinny g spoon

Hit water about 7:10am not much hitting from Alberni to Narrows. seemed everyone who did catch something caught earlier then that in the morning. Had a few bits nothing else, sockeye jumping all around. . Did catch a very small Halibut at the Narrows in shallow water we let go.

Landed 2 springs and lost 2 today, caught a few Soxs, they where hardly fighting
and looked very ill. Soon we will see them floating, imho.

What an epic day in the canal. Great weather and great fishing. Left the launch at 6:20. First rod down by 6:40. First fish in the boat 10 minutes later. 4 fish by 8:20 and was time to go. 2 great fish of the 4 where 20 and just under 26. My 16 year old son has become one hell of a young fisherman. So proud of him when he brought those two hogs in today.

PS. Shoutout to the wife who does NOT fish but will do a boat ride on nice calm days for aiding in the double header we had. Chaos at its best.

Thanks again Port Alberni and the fish gods. See you again next year in the canal!

Attachments

• 0AE44B50-1B2F-43CA-8F3F-B4972F88B3D6.jpeg
    0AE44B50-1B2F-43CA-8F3F-B4972F88B3D6.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 153
Great morning today out of china creek, went 6 for 7 including a nice 24 pounder. Anchovies at 40 and 65 were the best numbers. 2 fish on pink hootchie.

Attachments

• 20210825_091042.jpg
    20210825_091042.jpg
    513.5 KB · Views: 120
Was talking to my cousin early this morning and her and her husband in the boat fishing. They had just left the dock from China Creek, this was just after 6. 6:15 "gotta go, fish on talk to you later". She calls me back "we got it"IMG_1231[1].JPG
We talk for a bit more then "gotta go fish on". 6:40 She calls back "We got it".IMG_1232[1].JPG
Again we talk a bit "fish on call you Back" 6:45 "We got it. Now I have to go to work" IMG_1233[1].JPGAll in less then a hour and right in front of the marina. Not a bad way to start the day.

Back