2021 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

Talked to my cousin and same thing very slow last 2 days.

If anyone is planning on going solo this weekend for sockeye and wouldn’t mind a mate shoot me a pm. Would love to get out there on Saturday or Sunday and don’t feel like taking boat out of the marina in Nanaimo.
I can bring all the tackle needed and some tips and tricks from years of fishing for them in Vancouver. Cheers

Fairly decent fishing out of China Creek this morning for most people. Fish still shallow but around from Dunsmuir up to the narrows.

The river was an absolute gong show today with FN fishery going on. Was too busy trying to avoid the nets and boats ripping around to see if anyone was catching. Couple jumpers in the inlet, around noon

It's good at China Creek for just a 2 hour fish (4 missed right beside the boat, buddy netting just had major operation, so netting skills a bit off lol). Might be different tommorow FN gill netters out !

Attachments

• 20210620_100012.jpg
    20210620_100012.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 111
I know you should be there early, but how is the sockeye fishing on the evening shift? 6 to 10 pm?

I have a question, might not be the right group.

I fished here 25 years ago when the run was a million fish, have been out of touch for twenty or so years. Used to camp at China Creek with all the Yankees. Camped in a tent, definitely an outlier. It was a daily gong show. The cleaning table had a bunch of Yanks from Idaho or Texas preparing their fish to be canned! Blasphemy to me. Different times.

Anyway, I live here now. Have fished a couple of seasons. Yes, the run is diminished, but the fish are smaller. They used to be eight pounds for a good one, now a two pounder is good. Why is that?

i may have asked this in the past so apologies.

Dan

Back