Well, no slot tomorrow. Entrance or Fingers? Anybody been out the last couple of days?

l be out tomorrow hitting the fingers jigging or with plugs and if that doesn't work trolling the bottom in 140' of water between Piper's and Clark Rock. Hope you are able to get the big catch today!

l be out tomorrow hitting the fingers jigging or with plugs and if that doesn't work trolling the bottom in 140' of water between Piper's and Clark Rock. Hope you are able to get the big catch today!
Good luck to you as well. I'll report either way; just heading out pretty quick here.

Entrance was productive tonight. 2 keepers (75 and 79 cm), 1 pin popper, and 1 solid fish that managed to dive into the other line, make a tangle and snap the leader. Also a few unders. All the big ones at over 200 feet on the rigger on small herring in a teaser and a 5" plug.

Entrance was productive tonight. 2 keepers (75 and 79 cm), 1 pin popper, and 1 solid fish that managed to dive into the other line, make a tangle and snap the leader. Also a few unders. All the big ones at over 200 feet on the rigger on small herring in a teaser and a 5" plug.
Out yesterday (Friday) afternoon/evening with my son-in-law. Seemed a little slow around Five Fingers so moved to Entrance. After a dogfish and a few unders, we hooked a nice 20 lb chinook in 250 ft of water (270 on the rigger, 30 to 35 degree angle). You do the math! Anyway, where are the coho? Would appreciate any thoughts on locations, depths, etc in the Nanaimo area.

Lots of boats out, anyone having any luck? 3.5 hours at entrance with 25 other boats and never saw anyone catch a thing. Lots of bait tho

Lots of boats out, anyone having any luck? 3.5 hours at entrance with 25 other boats and never saw anyone catch a thing. Lots of bait tho
Absolutely not. My second skunk of the year, and I spent considerably longer than 3.5 hours. Hopefully the rain didn't make them all swim away... unless I suppose you're one of the fishers waiting for them elsewhere.

2 hours at fingers and 4 at entrance. Nothing but minnows and dogfish today

threw everything i could at them tackle wise

Absolutely not. My second skunk of the year, and I spent considerably longer than 3.5 hours. Hopefully the rain didn't make them all swim away... unless I suppose you're one of the fishers waiting for them elsewhere.
What boat are you in? Ya this time of the year when you get those first rains late season it can completely move all the fish out, that’s what looks like happened. Tons of bait at entrance but nothing but dogs and half eaten shakers lol. We finally got a low teener over by the fingers down 185, only had one other undersized chin on in 6 hours.

What boat are you in? Ya this time of the year when you get those first rains late season it can completely move all the fish out, that’s what looks like happened. Tons of bait at entrance but nothing but dogs and half eaten shakers lol. We finally got a low teener over by the fingers down 185, only had one other undersized chin on in 6 hours.
18' campion... which doesn't narrow it down much. Yammy power, which also doesn't help. I'll agree with your assessment about the rain, cause that's been my experience too. I have 2 sets of out of town guests I was going to take out the next 2 nights. Going to need a lot of luck to get them into a fish I think.

New to area 17. When do people stop fishing in the fall?
Also new here, first summer fishing this area. I’ve noticed considerably fewer boats out the last week and a half, and fewer fish marked. Having said that I picked up 2 small keepers, one thurs and one Friday. Both were more or less the only hits I had each night

Last year was my first year fishing out of Nanaimo and managed to find a few fish right up to the end of September.

Most of my action was on the tide changes, like a lot of places late in the year

Back