I went fishing with the family today off entrance, hooked into a nice coho within 10 minutes at 110 on the rigger in about 150 of water. However we "decided" to let the fish go right beside the boat after trying to net it, all intentional, I swear. That was at about 1:15 pm and it was quiet other than a few bites after that, quite a few other boats out there, didn't see many nets out though.

Some good fish off Fingers at the moment. 3 to the boat yesterday in less than an hour. In 3 hours tonight, 3 keepers, 1 pin popper, 1 keeper lost at the boat, and 1 way over the slot. All tight to structure between 90 and 110 feet on the rigger. Hoochies and 5 +6" plugs doing the work.

Thanks for posting this.

We fished right on the structure, banging cannonballs along the bottom in 80-110 feet of water and got 2 nice keepers and an evening of steady action. We also caught a snapped line, pulled in a couple hundred feet of mono and were rewarded with a very nice 4" plug.

Thanks for posting this.

We fished right on the structure, banging cannonballs along the bottom in 80-110 feet of water and got 2 nice keepers and an evening of steady action. We also caught a snapped line, pulled in a couple hundred feet of mono and were rewarded with a very nice 4" plug.
You're welcome. We'd been fishing Entrance all summer and just tried Fingers the other night due to weather. We'll see how long they stay; I didn't see any bait to speak of, so possibly not long?

You're welcome. We'd been fishing Entrance all summer and just tried Fingers the other night due to weather. We'll see how long they stay; I didn't see any bait to speak of, so possibly not long?
There is some small schools of herring in the area but it seems to move around quite a bit

Wondering if anyone has been having any luck trolling off of Neck Pt and Pipers Lagoon? Hoping to get out over the next few days
We got one 65cm between Piper's and Clark Rock right at dark last night. Homeland security coho killer, 150 feet if wire out in 140 feet of water.

There is some small schools of herring in the area but it seems to move around quite a bit
I'll agree with the small herring. Of the 2 fish we picked up on Mon only one had a single small herring in it. Most of the fish at Entrance are stuffed with medium sized. Doesn't seem to stop my big plugs from working though. Can't wait till Sep 1; it'll be nice to have a chance to keep one or two biggies for the smoker. Kinda sucked the other day winging back one over 90cm that had the hook in the gills.

I'll agree with the small herring. Of the 2 fish we picked up on Mon only one had a single small herring in it. Most of the fish at Entrance are stuffed with medium sized. Doesn't seem to stop my big plugs from working though. Can't wait till Sep 1; it'll be nice to have a chance to keep one or two biggies for the smoker. Kinda sucked the other day winging back one over 90cm that had the hook in the gills.
i hear ya. made an 87cm a one-eyed pirate the other day. stupidest regulation ever.

i hear ya. made an 87cm a one-eyed pirate the other day. stupidest regulation ever.
Definitely not a fan of that one. We had many days where we handled and released multiple fish over the slot limit. One fish and done would have saved the others a lot of stress. I'm pretty good at eyeballing an undersized fish, but it's tough to call on the overs unless they are huge.

This is why a slot regulation kills more fish than it protects.Especially since a majority of the Fraser stock they are trying to protect is under 18lbs.

This is why a slot regulation kills more fish than it protects.Especially since a majority of the Fraser stock they are trying to protect is under 18lbs.
Seals need to eat and gill nets need to be filled in a couple weeks.

Definitely not a fan of that one. We had many days where we handled and released multiple fish over the slot limit. One fish and done would have saved the others a lot of stress. I'm pretty good at eyeballing an undersized fish, but it's tough to call on the overs unless they are huge.
One and done is hands down the best option. I know I’d be happy with a small bbq fish every so often.

Got out this morning from 5:30-9. Beautiful morning out there. Fished near fingers. Steady action of undersized. Got one keeper around 14lb, white flesh hatchery. Had to release a real beautiful tank of a fish, 88cm wild.
Keeper spring was caught on plain chrome spoon that had lost its green strips, but keeps catching fish. Big fish was caught on 5” bluey/white spoon. 135’ on the riggers was the hot depth. All the action for us was in the flats between fingers and piper’s lagoon.
Noticed large schools of fish between 50-100’. Heard they were pinks and people were getting their limits. Maybe should of had a rod up shallow.

Got out this morning from 5:30-9. Beautiful morning out there. Fished near fingers. Steady action of undersized. Got one keeper around 14lb, white flesh hatchery. Had to release a real beautiful tank of a fish, 88cm wild.
Keeper spring was caught on plain chrome spoon that had lost its green strips, but keeps catching fish. Big fish was caught on 5” bluey/white spoon. 135’ on the riggers was the hot depth. All the action for us was in the flats between fingers and piper’s lagoon.
Noticed large schools of fish between 50-100’. Heard they were pinks and people were getting their limits. Maybe should of had a rod up shallow.
Wow you were out early! Must have been going in when I was getting there.

Well done on the fish.

Back