Wasn't expecting lumpy today. Supposed to calm off says forecast. Hoepfullly soon. Heading out in a bit.

Boxed a gooder. 160' on the rigger. Rain City Special
Water temp can be a key at times when they don't seem to be biting as much. Surface water yesterday was 21C/70F. Pretty darn warm for salmon to spend extended periods of time in. They'll come up and feed at times in warm water but they are gonna spend more time in temps more comfortable for them, then come up to feed. So ya we'll get them at all depths if the bait is at all depths but it's that comfort zone where they will spend more time at. 150 to 180 seemed to be a zone the ones we got into really liked yesterday and that zone had pretty much no bait at it. It just happened to be the zone they were more comfortable at.

About an hour and a half before high slack yesterday up till high slack was the bite yesterday. I would bet it will be about the same today. FYI high slack is around 8 pm out there today.

Shout out to forum member @CBsqrd for seeing us pull into Lordco on offering to help. He even went home to see if he had spare parts for us in case Lordco didn't. Thank you very much Tony, was great to meet you and chat with you!
Thanks for the shoutout, and I wish I could take credit for helping you out, but I’ve been sleeping on my boat for the past week and a half north of Vancouver Island, so pretty sure that wasn’t me!

Thanks for the shoutout, and I wish I could take credit for helping you out, but I’ve been sleeping on my boat for the past week and a half north of Vancouver Island, so pretty sure that wasn’t me!
Oh **** lol it was CB something and I thought it was your user name cause I typed in CB in the forum member list and that one sounded the most familiar lol. Ok well it's CB... and he lives in Burnaby and his name is Tony :) So if your out there CB something thank you! o_O

There's a user name @cbprov ... was it you?

Thrasher was sloslow yesterday morning so ran over to entrance, action right away and got fat one just in size limit. Also something hit my line hard and bit my needle fish completely off hook and all
How do you present a needlefish?

Tried just north of Polier yesterday, braved the pass for the first time… wasn’t as bad as my head was thinking it would be, but i could see it getting worse in a different tide, weather, etc…

anyhow… couple bites, flat seas and a few massive bait balls down around 120ft… but no fish in the boat…

Brechin launch was fun at noon yesterday :)

Ran to Entrance, got a few undersized on spoons, and big thanks for the white hootchie idea from the guy in the black aluminum....changed up and fished shallow near the lighthouse, picked up a 14 lb/76cm) on the first tack.

Back