Quick question…

Father in law is here for a couple days and wanting to try and find a bite.

We tried Tent Island the last few days and only found dogfish… So, was thinking of getting a bit more adventurous …

I’ve never been through Polier yet… bit nervous as I’m still pretty new…

Boat is a 2006, 2359 Trophy WA with 5.7L…

any secrets or cause for concern Going through Polier to get outside? Or any other locations that stand a better chance of a bite…

thanks..

Quick question…

Father in law is here for a couple days and wanting to try and find a bite.

We tried Tent Island the last few days and only found dogfish… So, was thinking of getting a bit more adventurous …

I’ve never been through Polier yet… bit nervous as I’m still pretty new…

Boat is a 2006, 2359 Trophy WA with 5.7L…

any secrets or cause for concern Going through Polier to get outside? Or any other locations that stand a better chance of a bite…

thanks..
Absolutely no problem with that boat

May be worth running right up to entrance island if you wanna make a day of it. Fishing has been on fire there
Really good earlier in the week for us: 3 evenings of limits of mid to upper slot fish. Not great last night on a hard flooding tide. A few boats scratching up fish that you'd have to measure to get over 62 cm. Not sure if the bite was off or the fish moved on.

Really good earlier in the week for us: 3 evenings of limits of mid to upper slot fish. Not great last night on a hard flooding tide. A few boats scratching up fish that you'd have to measure to get over 62 cm. Not sure if the bite was off or the fish moved on.
Was a little slower off French creek last night also but only in comparison to on fire fishing. We still boated 4 nice ones and lost a couple but it was hard to stay on the bait as I think the big tide push was breaking it up

Was out at entrance from 630-12.. lots of undersized and dog fish.. really couldn't find any bait after about 830. Went over to fingers for an hour.. similar situation there. Lots of boats out.. didn't see too much action.. anyone else out there experience the same?

Bankers hours today, late start didn’t get out there till 9:30. Headed to entrance and saw the flotilla fishing the main area. Decided to stop on the nwest side of entrance and start there. Into the action right away, bait stacked up in the shallower areas. Lots of doubles and limits of smaller mid 60’s in the first hour and a half. Also got a nice sized pink which is the second I’ve got out there recently. Action was good from 165-135 on the riggers in 170-120’ of water, spoons again. Out deeper 210 on the riggers in 200-220 was working. Trolled out to the main area later and not nearly as much bait this time. The huge tide swings are moving the bait in and out and the fish are following. Still getting the odd one when not on the bait but when you find it stick on it, they are there. Cant beat the conditions out there tho even if your not getting fish how could you want to be anywhere else! Nice to see all the boats out there. E137F77C-5A94-4AC4-9FF3-EEFB1E759DE4.jpeg

Bankers hours today, late start didn’t get out there till 9:30. Headed to entrance and saw the flotilla fishing the main area. Decided to stop on the nwest side of entrance and start there. Into the action right away, bait stacked up in the shallower areas. Lots of doubles and limits of smaller mid 60’s in the first hour and a half. Also got a nice sized pink which is the second I’ve got out there recently. Action was good from 165-135 on the riggers in 170-120’ of water, spoons again. Out deeper 210 on the riggers in 200-220 was working. Trolled out to the main area later and not nearly as much bait this time. The huge tide swings are moving the bait in and out and the fish are following. Still getting the odd one when not on the bait but when you find it stick on it, they are there. Cant beat the conditions out there tho even if your not getting fish how could you want to be anywhere else! Nice to see all the boats out there. View attachment 68483
Yeah, there sure was a lot of boats out there today....great to see. Took me a while to find them but we got our 3 in the mid to upper 70 cm's fishing 120-150 on the riggers on 4 inch prism chrome coyotes

Yes it was nice at Thrasher and Entrance we landed many Springs today as well as on hatch Ho. I had to release an 86cm Hatch Spring. Almost too nice though as we got roasted in the sun. Great action at various depths all on hootchies today.

Attachments

• 5663C759-B9FD-43F6-A124-082753D12226.jpeg
    5663C759-B9FD-43F6-A124-082753D12226.jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 120
  • F034ED84-7FDA-45D9-86EE-C9B6D30C995A.jpeg
    F034ED84-7FDA-45D9-86EE-C9B6D30C995A.jpeg
    321.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 9EE80922-71F6-40E1-912D-0D1E01FE0CAD.jpeg
    9EE80922-71F6-40E1-912D-0D1E01FE0CAD.jpeg
    252.3 KB · Views: 116
Yes it was nice at Thrasher and Entrance we landed many Springs today as well as on hatch Ho. I had to release an 86cm Hatch Spring. Almost too nice though as we got roasted in the sun. Great action at various depths all on hootchies today.
Nice work!

Our day started out going sideways with a blown bearing on the trailer which jammed metal parts into the caliper and tire and brake lines. Right on the freeway. Moved the trailer to a center median with some room so i could go to Lordco to get parts to fix it. 3 hrs later we were on our way.

Bite turned on towards the end of the day for Springs for us but also early afternoon we got one wild coho and two pinks. We released a couple upper teen springs, one other legal spring released and 3 under springs released. One of our keepers was bang on 80 and was a fat heavy mature fish and weighed in at just under 16 lbs. Loaded bellies with 5 to 7" herring. All of our fish were caught today on several different spoons at different depths but the hottest action was at 160 on riggers in 180 water. Lot's and lot's of bait around where we were in the afternoon with lots of salmon showing on the sounder. As soon as the heavy bite turned on it was pretty cool to see on the sounder with the new transducer that instead of just regular salmon arches showing, all of a sudden when the bite went on you could tell the fish were chasing bait cause the arches were now elongated and mostly coming from deep to shallower. Last transducer that detail didn't show like this one does so very happy with the new one.

Beautiful weather and very flat seas today.

Shout out to forum member @CBsqrd for seeing us pull into Lordco on offering to help. He even went home to see if he had spare parts for us in case Lordco didn't. Thank you very much Tony, was great to meet you and chat with you!

Resized_20210724_100850_478281356431973.jpeg

20210724_153145.jpg

20210724_193159.jpg

Resized_20210724_162900_485467689156575.jpeg

20210724_203542.jpg

Resized_20210724_203245.jpeg

Last edited:
Not much going on here at Entrance. Little sporty. Anyone on anything?

Back