Heading up to milbanke sound in the first/ 2nd week of July, never been up there before but can’t wait!bucket list trip, Been wanting to go up there for years.Cruising up on a 55fter and towing a 21 ft striper. Any info would be greatly appreciated? (Fishing grounds for salmon and bottoms fish, spots to anchor etc)

Heading up to milbanke sound in the first/ 2nd week of July, never been up there before but can’t wait!bucket list trip, Been wanting to go up there for years.Cruising up on a 55fter and towing a 21 ft striper. Any info would be greatly appreciated? (Fishing grounds for salmon and bottoms fish, spots to anchor etc)
lots of good spots up there. Cheney Point is usually good. Cape Mark. Cape Swain, Ivory Island Lighthouse and McInnes Lighthouse (my favorite) to name a few. Good moorage around the corner from Cheney Point.

lots of good spots up there. Cheney Point is usually good. Cape Mark. Cape Swain, Ivory Island Lighthouse and McInnes Lighthouse (my favorite) to name a few. Good moorage around the corner from Cheney Point.
Awesome man thanks for the reply!!

What is the moorage around the corner from Cheney Point that you are referring to?

The Heiltsuk Tribal Council Facebook page recently posted that the Heiltsuk Nation is in the process of purchasing Shearwater Resort & Marina. No mention of the marine division. I’ve had the opportunity to enjoy the services offered at Shearwater a number of times in the past and hope to many more times in the future.

The Heiltsuk Tribal Council Facebook page recently posted that the Heiltsuk Nation is in the process of purchasing Shearwater Resort & Marina. No mention of the marine division. I’ve had the opportunity to enjoy the services offered at Shearwater a number of times in the past and hope to many more times in the future.

KPL is not operating this season again:( Great lodge and George is a great guy to guide for.

Anchorage in Dyer Cove is great for SE and Louisa is great at all times. 5 minute run to start fishing in the morning at Cheney from either.

Spoiler has given you the key salmon spots that I would fish. Halibut is a bit tricky from there as you have to run at least 30-45 minutes to find productive spots. You go to Milbanke to salmon fish so stay there and enjoy that. Chovy on one side spoon on the other.

Well **** I spent some time on the phone with Lisa earlier this month when they thought they were opening-my options just shrank by half.
I have not heard anything from KPL (or Lisa) and I was guiding full time there when they operated last in 2019. That being said ..... I have been wrong before.

I would love for them to be open for their financial future. They run a great lodge.

So KPL is operating in direct conflict with the wishes of the Heiltsuk FN? Vast majority of the lodges at Hakai are not operating this year and Bella Bella airport is to remain closed to charter flights. Strange

I have not heard anything from KPL (or Lisa) and I was guiding full time there when they operated last in 2019. That being said ..... I have been wrong before.

I would love for them to be open for their financial future. They run a great lodge.
June 2019 was when I was there. Easily the best fishing experience I’ve ever had. What a set up and outstanding location. Harvey the lunker dog was our guide - let us just fish and run the show while he drove and just took it easy! Pretty cool to see George is a very hard working hands on owner...hope to go there again some day.

Back