Went out yesterday afternoon and then last night around the green can. Lots and lots of bait!! Big herring. Tried jigging for the first time. It’s my new favourite way to catch salmon. Such a different way experience. Epic times out there. Afternoon caught couple springs. Then in the evening 4 keeper springs and one 24# released all in less then 2 hours.

Can anyone speak to the launch at Salmon point for low tide? Any issue?
Hi there. I have my boat in at Salmon Point. Good little spot. With regards to launching, you will need to wait for at least a 5ft tide to launch. You might be able to get the boat in early and tie up near fuel dock and wait it out if its below 5. Even at a 5 foot tide its a bit tight depending on boat size. The launch itself is ok but much easier with 2 people as there is no dock running down ramp. Hopefully this is some help. Anything more just PM me.

Fished the green can last night. Tons of bait along the south shore of Quadra. Had a couple of bites on the Blue meanie hootchy but didn’t get anything to the boat unfortunately.

Anyone else found it to be a little slow at the green can the last couple days? Lots of bait but no bites and didn't see a lot of nets out.

Anyone else found it to be a little slow at the green can the last couple days? Lots of bait but no bites and didn't see a lot of nets out.
I agree, it has slowed down at the green can. Was out Monday evening between Fransisco and the green can in about 220’.Nothing happened around us until the end of the flood. Had moved down E off the can and came up to 90’ when the bait showed up at 22:30. Then the action started. Only one in the boat at 70cm. Army truck on a white glow flasher. A couple of glow beads between the hooks.

Lots of pinkies, and small springs around. With the odd coho marked and unmarked. Few line screamers that like to spit hooks. Few 75cm landed. Over the past week. All in all the green can has been pretty slow for the most part. Blue meanie and bait has been our biggest producers

glad it’s not just me. light house drift hasn’t been great for me either. lots of just unders but that’s it

Did anyone make it north yet ?? And pinks around . Or are guys catching them around CR been away for a bit just getting back this weekend and it not sounding the best around for springs unless they are under size.

Box is full boys heading home :)

Attachments

• 20210812_071711.jpg
    20210812_071711.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 179
Has anyone been fishing South Read island, Viner point or plunger pass area.....or even Lewis channel? just looking to change it up a bit!

Last edited:
Back