2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I was out at thrasher yesterday as well and it was on fire again had to let go a couple beautiful hatchery fish between 15-18 lbs such a shame !!!!
hope for good news june 1 st to be allowed to keep a hatchery fish anyways 47-130 is the depth i was hooking them on pesca of course and herring aid!
My buddy is over there today with the same results and DFO came to say hi to him so their out there !!! good to see...
good luck out there

billydoos

Hello

I was out at thrasher yesterday as well and it was on fire again had to let go a couple beautiful hatchery fish between 15-18 lbs such a shame !!!!
hope for good news june 1 st to be allowed to keep a hatchery fish anyways 47-130 is the depth i was hooking them on pesca of course and herring aid!
My buddy is over there today with the same results and DFO came to say hi to him so their out there !!! good to see...
good luck out there

billydoos
Was your buddy trying for lingcod too?

Are we expecting to get fishing open for retention again for 1 hatchery fish June 1 ? .. is this just a fish dream or are we just being hopefull
with this covid thing and working from home I have never had my boat and gear this tuned up before

Guess its back to hook sharpening again ,yard work, painting , deck building, car brakes, bearing packing, sweeping , weed control , overseeded, installing irrigation system ,lawnmowing etc etc etc

Gotta say it’s my first time out prawning here locally in 3 years and wow I cannot believe how many boats I have caught going to pull mine or another buddy’s traps...... I knew and remember it always being bad but this is stupid crazy. There’s always the bad apples but judging by what I’ve seen in the last 2 weeks it’s like it’s normal to just cruise around pulling random traps.

Hi Sweet Jim

no he didn’t try for king cod, I never did as well. The last time I tried was unsuccessful I think they get picked on and have seen uncle bob and aunt Rosie disappear so they get a little choosy.
Next time I would try down towards polier or of Valdez instead of the thrasher reef by the monument just my thoughts. Good luck

tight lines
Billydoo

Gotta say it’s my first time out prawning here locally in 3 years and wow I cannot believe how many boats I have caught going to pull mine or another buddy’s traps...... I knew and remember it always being bad but this is stupid crazy. There’s always the bad apples but judging by what I’ve seen in the last 2 weeks it’s like it’s normal to just cruise around pulling random traps.
I'm telling you that's what these people legit think. It absolutely has to be. They think people have abandoned them and they're open to take from. Swear to god.

Just an FYI, many barges tow a line with a float behind them. They are tag lines to an emergency towline that can be picked up by the tug in the event of a main towline failure....
So do they have they name and phone number on them. This one did.

Hi Sweet Jim

no he didn’t try for king cod, I never did as well. The last time I tried was unsuccessful I think they get picked on and have seen uncle bob and aunt Rosie disappear so they get a little choosy.
Next time I would try down towards polier or of Valdez instead of the thrasher reef by the monument just my thoughts. Good luck

tight lines
Billydoo
forsure i agree been lots of undersize lings at thrasher

I'm telling you that's what these people legit think. It absolutely has to be. They think people have abandoned them and they're open to take from. Swear to god.
Think now that weather is better all the weekend warriors are out. See the “certain” boats heading out of false creek all the time with puller on board, no traps and no fishing gear.

In other news, did motor, leg oil and cleaned hull and boat down at burrard civic yesterday and had a great time. Couple other buddies working on boats, everyone enjoying few beers, sharing the “forgotten” tools(myself included) and getting away from the wives... everyone having good time. Heading out Sunday to the other side to drop some traps and get out of the house. Will report back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back