2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started at n arm. Only 2 boats ou t.
Update. 2 shakers and 2 dogs. I'm done for this area for this year. Time to explore other spots

Last edited:
I know we picked up 2 really nice slabs on Sept 20th last year as part of the ns district fire dept derby, and i know a bunch of you all did even better than us!

So it should still be fishable and perhaps there's a wall coming down the straits still but it does seem like the season is drawing down.

Someone head out to the middle and drop the lines. Report back.

I agree the season is winding down..there may be the odd day where a keeper may get into the cooler but the writing is on the wall.. I would say from my experience this season the first 2 weeks of September was consistent... So let's not forget that's what those DFO idiots have left for us... Minus the windy days there is left only a handful of days..

I tried to make the best of it, I enjoyed the excitement of being on the water and hooking up on fish and bring some home to enjoy with my family. I enjoyed watching people on other boats enjoy their moments when it's their turn. Wish we had more opportunities to do something that we should have the right to enjoy as a citizen of this wonderful country.

Last edited:
Update: lots of bait jumping in the surface out here away from the pack in ~400’ of water. Picking up some very small legal coho at 42’ but too small for my liking so releasing them. Look for Salty Alice (blue and grey boat with white tentacles all over it) if you want to try your hand with them.

Also just had a pelican come by. Didn’t know they were around here so just thought it was a jumbo seagull at first.

Took a few crappy photos through the binoculars.

Attachments

• 11E706BA-387B-47CA-8B4B-402DFBD5C25D.jpeg
    11E706BA-387B-47CA-8B4B-402DFBD5C25D.jpeg
    9.7 KB · Views: 111
Have not caught one in 5 different days here.
Update: lots of bait jumping in the surface out here away from the pack in ~400’ of water. Picking up some very small legal coho at 42’ but too small for my liking so releasing them. Look for Salty Alice (blue and grey boat with white tentacles all over it) if you want to try your hand with them.

Also just had a pelican come by. Didn’t know they were around here so just thought it was a jumbo seagull at first.

Took a few crappy photos through the binoculars.
We saw a pelican off South Bowen on Thursday as well. It was being chased by 2 seagulls.

Today we were supposed to go to Sandheads early. But when we are passing Ambleside at 6:25 it seemed pretty decent. We decided to do it for 2 hours and catch the tide. By 7:00 there was probably 30 boats all going for the same spot. for the most part everybody understands how it works at Amblesiden but it doesn't take very many people to screw it up. We left at 7:45 to Sandheads. I couldn't keep the Shakers off my line. Left at three. Out of all the days that I've been to Sandheads (about 7 so far) I think today was the slowest I've seen. But last year it this is when the last wave of springs came in for us. From the 20th to the 6th. So you never know. Maybe it will pick up tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back