2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ended up with a count of 2 shakers and one beauty wild ho. Around 230 saw a guy bonk a nice spring in pretty tight towards shore just north of the light station.

Whaleish is my new favorite adjective.

I threw in the towel as well. decided to bring out the crab traps for the first time in months and was hoping they would be the saving grace. Nope..all undersized and females.

I have no idea of run timing at the Sandheads but a run of Whites will start showing up in the Harrison River by the end of the month.
Hope so because yesterday was as slow as it gets. I didn’t see any fish, didn’t catch any fish and didn’t see any nets out. Came back to marina and a guy had a tiny marble Spring. One. I put in 7 hours with nothing but shakers. Usually this time of year we catch fish every day. We bring some home we release some. But there’s action. I’m using all the tried methods and depths. I think it’s day to day right now. Orcas did so up tho late in day.

Hope so because yesterday was as slow as it gets. I didn’t see any fish, didn’t catch any fish and didn’t see any nets out. Came back to marina and a guy had a tiny marble Spring. One. I put in 7 hours with nothing but shakers. Usually this time of year we catch fish every day. We bring some home we release some. But there’s action. I’m using all the tried methods and depths. I think it’s day to day right now. Orcas did so up tho late in day.
I don't think its going to get any better, looking back next week has always been the "Turn out the lights, last ditch effort time" for me, gotta a tourney next week so gotta get out friday in rain but don't expect much.. Sorry guys but time to put the toys away lol

Quiet for me at SH so far this morning BUT the air is much cleaner now. You can actually see clear to the islands.
Fishing solo today so will be working the less crowded areas. Will update if I get anything more than shakers (which this morning really seem to be liking my anchovy).

Attachments

• BEB4B0EF-9150-4814-B0ED-FF69D9EA45EF.jpeg
    BEB4B0EF-9150-4814-B0ED-FF69D9EA45EF.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back