2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never fished for herring, what kind off nets do u use or can u catch them on a fishing rod, be nice get bucket for bait for when/if we allowed to retain Chinook later this summer. Anyone smoke them?
I've personally never caught any. Lots of smelts back in the day but I've heard of guys jigging them or even dip netting (?) when they're thick.

Out yesterday by the Bell, one nice legal released and a couple of shakers. Tons of bait marked. Didn't seem to be as much algae over there compared to HITW area. Beauty day though.

I've personally never caught any. Lots of smelts back in the day but I've heard of guys jigging them or even dip netting (?) when they're thick.
I remember the days fondly when we'd always have a herring jig ready to grab some livies when we saw them. Also remember using a herring rake in Campbell River. It was the norm in the day.

Are these boat launch closures just for this weekend or are we looking at an "indefinite closure"?

I wonder what the launch in horseshoe bay is like? It's always been a bit of a free for all, particularly if you dont have to worry about the truck after with someone else driving it off the ramp.

Never fished for herring, what kind off nets do u use or can u catch them on a fishing rod, be nice get bucket for bait for when/if we allowed to retain Chinook later this summer. Anyone smoke them?
Jig for them using a sabiki or similar rig.

Well someone is going to have to if an answer is wanted.

Pippen, just to clarify, no disrespect intended there. I have tried to get in touch with Parks board via email with a simple solution for the parking lot. That was pre Easter weekend. No one got back to me. I have made numerous attempts to contact Easy park by phone and email. Again, proposing that they allow individuals with yearly or monthly passes to park at the Planetarium or the gravel lot, #ès 60 & 70. As well, no response. To say I was and still am frustrated is an understatement. This is such a load of malarkey its not even funny. Those of us with trailered boats should be allowed to utilize them especially in the instance of family and kids. In the meantime , time ticks by as well as this great weather.

Pippen, just to clarify, no disrespect intended there. I have tried to get in touch with Parks board via email with a simple solution for the parking lot. That was pre Easter weekend. No one got back to me. I have made numerous attempts to contact Easy park by phone and email. Again, proposing that they allow individuals with yearly or monthly passes to park at the Planetarium or the gravel lot, #ès 60 & 70. As well, no response. To say I was and still am frustrated is an understatement. This is such a load of malarkey its not even funny. Those of us with trailered boats should be allowed to utilize them especially in the instance of family and kids. In the meantime , time ticks by as well as this great weather.

There was a thread about launches. It was confirmed by a call to Easy Park over a week ago that trucks and trailers can park at the planetarium; you just need to buy a ticket for both as you are taking up two spots.

As Pippen mentioned I called EasyPark re where I can park with a trailer, as I usually launch at Vanier, and got through right away with an answer. Park at planetarium with trailer, pay for 2 spots (license plate for each trailer and car), and off ya go. Gravel lot blocked off so irrelevant. If you have a yearly pass for the usual launch lot (also blocked off), request a prorated refund and sign back up if/when it reopens.

This a moot point anyway as Vanier launch now closed...

Sorry to derail. Back to reports!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back