2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spent a beautiful night at Plumper Cove and thinking of fishing our way back to the north arm anybody out there give us a report?
Seems forecast is supposed to be bad south of Tsawwassen.
Says it's supposed to drop off to 10 to 20 around noon.
Right now it's calm looking out at Gibsons from Keats even though Environment Canada says it's supposed to be Northwest 25 right now.

Attachments

• 20200906_200847.jpg
    20200906_200847.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 36
I think both are very viable options. A sfbc member bonked a beauty off epsom pt this weekend and I picked up a nice one off byng a week a go last Thursday with lots of action. I'm heading out again Wednesday and plan to head that way for half the day then if its not happening I'm off to the Fraser for some further abuse.
Is

Btw my wife's parents just arrived at our place neat Roberts Creek and say the water is flat calm out front currently. Go get em!!

Sailflow shows a westerly at 26 mpg right now in the Straight. Anybody at T10 or SH with a weather report there?

fished the bell yesterday am. Despite marking fish, only managed one undersized. Trolled out to North Arm and just when we were pulling the gear around 1:30 had a really good strike that popped the clip but it didn't stick. Only saw one other boat hooked up all morning, but there were a lot of boats working the area.

Hey is the guy with the skeleton fish wrap that comes out of false creek a guide?

One more chewed anchovy at NA, but no fish. Heading to sandheads now. Any one out there? Reports?

Edit:
Just passed t10. 2 boats out here

Its laid right down . I've been out all day. Sporty to start for sure , but fishable. Just a lack of fish... 1 under so far. Hoping for a bite on the tide change!

Up at Ambleside in our double kayak today & it was actually pretty calm this morning. A small swell but no wind. There was a bunch of charter boats fishing. Guessing they didn't want to risk the rough seas. The bite came on around 9:30am, with a bunch of guys getting fish.
We had a big strike on our anchovy, and then tried to catch up to the fish. Most boats kept their distance until one big boat, driven from the rear kicker almost runs right over us?! Then unfortunately in the confusion our line gets cut on their downrigger. Sad end to a spectacular morning....but fishing is always an adventure & much more fun than picking up a fish at Safeway ;)

Speaking of wraps , who owns the boat with the bio mechanical great white along the whole boat , very cool . Saw you on Saturday .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back