2020 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an ongoing discussion on this topic in the Conservation section where it belongs. You are welcome to continue the discussion there.

Fish China Creek again this morning and slow again. Fished 5:30 till 10 and never saw a thing caught. Went up to Stampfalls yesterday and was nice to see quite a few fish moving up river.

Was there Tuesday-Thursday was the slowest I have ever seen. We had 1 fish and only saw 4 others caught, But it was full moon and huge tides and the commercials were in the weekend before. I would think that things should pick up this week

Was there Tuesday-Thursday was the slowest I have ever seen. We had 1 fish and only saw 4 others caught, But it was full moon and huge tides and the commercials were in the weekend before. I would think that things should pick up this week
Getting close to mid sept, season over me thinks,few stragglers are going to come bye but I think the bulk is done

Getting close to mid sept, season over me thinks,few stragglers are going to come bye but I think the bulk is done
True, but still a few Coho to come. I do agree though springs are pretty much over. Went up the river to the fish counter and there is a lot up river. Don't know the # but hope it's enough. Also saw a few unattended nets in the river.

Last edited:
True, but still a few Coho to come. I do agree thought springs are pretty much over. Went up the river to the fish counter and there is a lot up river. Don't the # but hope it's enough. Also saw a few unattended nets in the river.
Yes some coho fishing still to come

I have caught Alberni coho in mid-sept or fourth week before. A few locals get them on thanksgiving at times. Canal s quiet but they re there. RCMP training divers see school of cohos at China creek marina Waters in Oct.

6600 coho already passed the stamp falls in the river they should be found throughout the inlet in smaller schools until closer to peak migration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back