2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re not buying bait but I’m pretty sure you can afford replacing your dull hooks every once in a while. ;)
I swear they're sharp. I was going to ask though what do you guys use for hook sizes on teaser heads? I've been going bigger and bigger it seems. Using a 5o gamakatsu barbless octopus on these latest sets. Maybe I need to half butt pinch some barbs like everyone else lol.

I swear they're sharp. I was going to ask though what do you guys use for hook sizes on teaser heads? I've been going bigger and bigger it seems. Using a 5o gamakatsu barbless octopus on these latest sets. Maybe I need to half butt pinch some barbs like everyone else lol.
No 2 treble with a 4o stinger. Held fish well all summer.

I’ve never hooked a wild coho at the Cap mouth this late in the season. I go with a treble and a 4.0 Owner stinger.
And yes, I re-tie my leaders with a fresh stinger hook every 2-3 trips and I rinse them with fresh water on the boat and when back at the dock. :)

I'm using a single gama 4/ 0 siwash for hoochies to swivel and teasers to bead chain and that's that. I'm done with tying up bait rigs because i can't remember a knot thanks to a misspent youth through 40s other than a double palomar. I havent lost a fish yet the hook just drags along side the bait / hoochie and they get jaw hooked when they smash the chovy. Makes releasing 10x easier too

I'm using a single gama 4/ 0 siwash for hoochies to swivel and teasers to bead chain and that's that. I'm done with tying up bait rigs because i can't remember a knot thanks to a misspent youth through 40s other than a double palomar. I havent lost a fish yet the hook just drags along side the bait / hoochie and they get jaw hooked when they smash the chovy. Makes releasing 10x easier too

How do you get your bait to roll if the hook isn’t imbedded in the bait?

go with a small #2 stinger hook. you will be surprised with your hook up rate!
I think that's what I started with when Pacific Angler set me up for the first time 5 years ago, maybe #3. Then the bait got bigger and bigger and bigger and the hooks followed! Picked up some 3s and 4s this afternoon but switched over to a barbed big river? Or something like that. See how it goes. Thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back