2019 Fraser Chinook Management Actions UPDATED!!

I would not put any money on Inslee. he is preping for a run for the presidency.

Precisely why is running. Inslee is looking to get Democrat federal power to accomplish the amazing things for our west coast fisheries (he lives here) and world leading high tech industries... principally being the Cascadia Innovation Corridor. Washington State is doing more for our fisheries to the tune of billions in funding. D FO ...not even close. If anything it would be great if our members sent Inslee an email thanking him for his recent visit to BC legislature to encourage restoration and enhancement of our shared coastal fishery.

https://www.governor.wa.gov/contact/contact/send-gov-inslee-e-message

Precisely why is running. Inslee is looking to get Democrat federal power to accomplish the amazing things for our west coast fisheries (he lives here) and world leading high tech industries... principally being the Cascadia Innovation Corridor. Washington State is doing more for our fisheries to the tune of billions in funding. D FO ...not even close. If anything it would be great if our members sent Inslee an email thanking him for his recent visit to BC legislature to encourage restoration and enhancement of our shared coastal fishery.

https://www.governor.wa.gov/contact/contact/send-gov-inslee-e-message

has the funding been approved??? and appropated?

Gov is a big talker, big taxer, big mouth - so far little else. Check the homeless problem

But I really hope your optimism is warranted and he makes a positive difference.

Last edited:
Going to be lots of businesses closing and people who were counting on employment not being hired this year. For those who can sell catch and release to their clients there will be lots of maneuvering room on the water this summer. Because DFO has no plan to recover the Fraser stocks of concern or effectively deal with the SRKW problems this will be long term pain. (present federal politicians should share that pain come election day)

No doubt , this will cripple the vancouver island economy .. as for SRKW , they simply are being used as a convenient excuse to cut the fishery and hand it to the FN.. Big question .. will a tory government if elected reverse the decisions.. and they have been made already ..

F4A , You hit the nail on the head . DFO loves the infighting between sectors as all of us commercial fisherman know. I'm a retired commercial but have always said we need to fight together but too many Alpha males that only think Me Me Me Me Me Me. There power in numbers people ,stop pointing fingers and figure it out.

divide and conquer.. as for stopping pointing fingers.. no we all need to point fingers squarely at Trudeau and DFO.. they are negligent in their job. Their plan simply was to drive a wedge between FN and other races, simply to enable the political whim of the PM

Back