2019 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough but there are folks on this forum who have been here much longer who haven’t made comments for many reasons. Seems a bit nit picky for two posts in, regardless of how many years you’ve salmon fished or how much experience you have.
Doesn’t matter. He should have made sure he posted a legal setup

Doesn’t matter. He should have made sure he posted a legal setup
Hmm, barbs fine on bottom fish, incidental salmon hookups creates a DFO snafo!!
Much cleaner to gill net endangered salmonoids trying to spawn in the mighty Fraser.....

But yah... pinchem for our alloted rec quota for sure.

Just came back from 2 days in Bamfield.
Mix bag of fish. Mostly smaller springs and a few good cohos.
A surprise Hali on the troll.
Lost a nice fish to a seal just a foot before the net. It was actually quite fun chasing the seal to try to get our gear back.
On Saturday, we saw 2 gray whales swim by.
Great time, great company, great scenery.
We are so lucky to live here!
Surprisingly, there was only a handful of boats out there.

Just came back yesterday from 2 days of fishing in the Sound... Finally, some nice fish came in... We fished Cree on both days, with good success... 4 nice Chinooks over 15 pounds... Loads of small guys that were released, including Cohos, not what we were looking for... Lots of fun and adrenaline shots :)

Attachments

• IMG_1032.JPG
    IMG_1032.JPG
    187 KB · Views: 254
Just came back yesterday from 2 days of fishing in the Sound... Finally, some nice fish came in... We fished Cree on both days, with good success... 4 nice Chinooks over 15 pounds... Loads of small guys that were released, including Cohos, not what we were looking for... Lots of fun and adrenaline shots :)
Hi Strike Zone. What did you catch the big Chinooks on? My two buddies and I will be in Barkley Sound for 3.5 days of fishing in 1.5 weeks; can't wait!

Everyone else: Lucky Sportfishing out of Eagle Nook Resort caught three tyees in three days a few days ago... Last Cast Guiding caught one too a day or two ago... anyone have any intel on where they caught them and what they caught them on? Cheers.

Hi Strike Zone. What did you catch the big Chinooks on? My two buddies and I will be in Barkley Sound for 3.5 days of fishing in 1.5 weeks; can't wait!

Everyone else: Lucky Sportfishing out of Eagle Nook Resort caught three tyees in three days a few days ago... Last Cast Guiding caught one too a day or two ago... anyone have any intel on where they caught them and what they caught them on? Cheers.
Should ask Lucky sportfishing and Last cast guiding..... they might spoon feed you....first post??

It’s kind of irrelevant where they caught them by the time you get there, the batch of fish that is there now will be gone and moved on, who knows where the next group will hold up. The runs will get bigger and closer together as the summer goes on. The bait will also change some what over that time. Be patient, wait until you get there, go into the local tackle shops, hang out at the cleaning tables, be polite eaves drop some, guys will be talking you will pick up on the chatter. Watch the forum, read the reports and take notes it will come.
It’s not proper etiquette to just come out and hit charter boys up for direct info. Those boys work hard for what they know, they’re not into just dumping it all on a public forum.

It’s kind of irrelevant where they caught them by the time you get there, the batch of fish that is there now will be gone and moved on, who knows where the next group will hold up. The runs will get bigger and closer together as the summer goes on. The bait will also change some what over that time. Be patient, wait until you get there, go into the local tackle shops, hang out at the cleaning tables, be polite eaves drop some, guys will be talking you will pick up on the chatter. Watch the forum, read the reports and take notes it will come.
It’s not proper etiquette to just come out and hit charter boys up for direct info. Those boys work hard for what they know, they’re not into just dumping it all on a public forum.
Very smart comments, walleyes, totally agree :)
You just cannot assume that by going where there was some fish a week ago, they will still be there, waiting for your bait :)
Most times, you have to try several spots before you hit the right one if there is one... Not obvious...

X2 on that, problem also is one days its hot at one spot the other day not so hot, just hit the good holding spots fish it through the tide change and early morning and most time you will get rewarded, no rocket science, look for boats in certain locations, watch what they do and stick with it, good luck, heading over from port renfrew tomorow, staying in bam town till monday, Rehab, 25ft wellcraft Aka brutus

the fleet has been heading north west.. there are no fish in bamfield.

X2 on that, problem also is one days its hot at one spot the other day not so hot, just hit the good holding spots fish it through the tide change and early morning and most time you will get rewarded, no rocket science, look for boats in certain locations, watch what they do and stick with it, good luck, heading over from port renfrew tomorow, staying in bam town till monday, Rehab, 25ft wellcraft Aka brutus
Had enough of Jackel throwing weights at you??

36 lber was from Last Cast.....I saw it
Nice fish!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back