2018 Port Renfrew Reports

How's the fishing up there hearing Nootka is pretty slow thinking of making a run that way mainly be hitting the bank! Any word if halibut are still being found out there

Was kidnapped by Bagjaun and arrived in Renfrew 9pm tonight. My first Renfrew fishing experience is about to begin, luckily I'm with a quality guy for the next few days in his Campion 542. Give us a wave if you see us.

Was kidnapped by Bagjaun and arrived in Renfrew 9pm tonight. My first Renfrew fishing experience is about to begin, luckily I'm with a quality guy for the next few days in his Campion 542. Give us a wave if you see us.
Lots of 542 out there, good luck its been good for some not so good for others, there is a few kiking around, and the oportunity to fill your cooler with tasty soxs

We’re you guys gassing up in Sooke around 730 last night
Hopefully your top held up was blowing around pretty good around Shirley

Brutus remember head of the herring faces forward when rigging up, tail to the back :D:p:rolleyes:, its hard to get a good roll fishing them backwards.....

This reminds me when i was guiding for Westcoast Resorts. Or instructors share program...... Show some guests how to haul plug.
After leaving their boat to go Share on onother....... The previos guest boats success fell to next to nothing. I floated over to see what they were doing wrong ...... Lol..... Sure enough.... Pulling backwards with the weight only two feet in front....... Beadchain 7 feet above that...... What a laugh...... Funny thing though they still caught one. Haha but hey who couldnt there were tons of fish then. Before the explosion of Seals, Nets jamming the rivers and fish farms.
So Brutus..... Pulling backwards does work..... Just not very good.
Good luck have fun out there.
Enjoy it while ya can cause these Libs are giving all to one one special group.
Who cares about coastal communities and tourism.

Well the hauler was pulled today last day fishing, landed 4, kept 3, 20, 23,28 and released a small halibut. Good luck to all, Hey Hightide if i remember right you used to roll a few backwards when we were teens :D

Well the hauler was pulled today last day fishing, landed 4, kept 3, 20, 23,28 and released a small halibut. Good luck to all, Hey Hightide if i remember right you used to roll a few backwards when we were teens :D
Have a good one my friend, get us some moose meat , havent killed one in 4 years now, my hunting is like my fishing lol, if you want to come twist some cut plugs for coho later in sept let me no, i take my downriggers off for tha day lol

Yesterday before Hauler did some thinning brought 4 to boat, kept a 25 and a 21.
Great seas, porpoises and only a few cut pluggers.

We're doing our best to save the whales. I think between the 3 of us we lost 4 fish and have 7 in the tub so far. Thursday started with a wild Coho released then fished until a double header pair of 20's at 2pm which was a blast. We went to the pub for early dinner and out to the slot for the nite bite where we got an 18 & a 16 all on various teaser heads and chovie. My tiger prawn teaser and purple haze flasher preformed well for me.
Today we were out early but skunked so pub at 3 and out for the nite bite at the slot where we put on our own circus act lol. We each potted a 15 pounder and in the fog if you can imagine. That slot is an adventure,Squeeze 10 boats into a 4 car garage and get a screamer on WOW. Thanks for the skilled boaters out there helping out by getting out of the way even though I couldn't see ya. One more trip out in the am then back to reality.

Scott it is the triangle sized opening from the can bouy to east point down to woods nose, as Owen is closed to the can and to the rockpile

Back