2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

There hasn't been human caused CO2 emission global warming delay over the last 50 years, it's new and different from what you're used to.
Fish are late now.
And back on topic, I spent most of the day at sandheads today, caught a Chinook, coho, and 6 springs, and still have the productive afternoon flood to go.
It definitely seems like the place to be, if you don't mind the chop and current

Nice work bud! Keep at er. I'm gunna go for some afternoon fishing as much as I can this week.

PS. Contrary to what you may have heard, there has been no measurable warming over the last 17 years. Just saying.

Nice work bud! Keep at er. I'm gunna go for some afternoon fishing as much as I can this week.

PS. Contrary to what you may have heard, there has been no measurable warming over the last 17 years. Just saying.

Haha. A topic for another thread. But 97% of the 30 million members of the academy of sciences don't agree with you.
But pundits who abuse statistics can make it appear that way to Laymen

Fished point Atkinson to bell boy around and then back this am. Pockets of fish showing and released an under and a dog. But we also caught 3 in the 6-7 In size (Yes length not weight) which surprised me. Not sure what they we're? Any suggestions?
Baby Spring Salmon are a common catch in that area.

Little late on the update due to a hectic weekend. Made it out Friday to the vancouver harbor. Fished from about 6am till 1030 or so Friday. managed to get two decent springs and 5 coho. Lost one something close to the boat and had a few other hits. Bait and white hoochie for me. Deepest i was fishing was 37ft. great day on the water....good news is the boat is tuned up for Nootka this Friday!

Point Atkinson now 2 pinks and 4 cohos.seeing schools of fish also surfacing !!
Gees I quit about a hr before your post and time. I didn't see anything that am. Curious to know how deep and what you were using? I was running bait, lures, and hootchie from 100 ft up to 30 ft. Thought I had it covered
Point Atkinson now 2 pinks and 4 cohos.seeing schools of fish also surfacing !!

Gees I quit about a hr before your post and time. I didn't see anything that am. Curious to know how deep and what you were using? I was running bait, lures, and hootchie from 100 ft up to 30 ft. Thought I had it covered
I was fishing shallow 40-50 feet and got most of them in the 20 zone on the rigger all in bait also . I think I seen few other fish caught we ended the day with our limits of Coho and pinks .

I actually seen a bunch of fish surfacing and headed in and got rewarded I was surprised nobody seen that I was getting them and move in closer . I would of been at the Sandheads or T-10 but it was to windy for my little boat .

Well looks like going to be bitt snotty out there for this weekends derby...registered so hoping forecast changes a bit. Anyone else heading out for the chinook classic?

Wind alert is calling for light winds topping out at 8 kts sat - Sunday, still a ways a way though. Will be in the derby again this year . 33 Grady White Express " Moody Hooker". Not sure on boat number yet .

I went out this morning with my ten year old son to fish the Sandheads. Super smooth water out there today and about 40 boats with us. We started out catching a dogfish (son loved that), followed by breaking off a nice spring (nicked leader/my bad). As I was changing up the leader, the other rod went off and I was into a very nice spring that ran a lot and then jumped . clearing the water. That one popped off after the jump; looked to be about 22-26 lbs. Then we got a grilse that was just a little bigger than the anchovy I was using. The last action we got was a small one (thinking it was a pink) that wrapped around the rigger wired, that popped off too. Saw a few guys get some springs and pinks (judging by the sizes). All action on anchovies no deeper than 60 ft. With a little luck; I'll try again tomorrow!

My buddy is in from out of town and wants me to take him fishing, not in Vancouver. Was going to cross over to Silva tomorrow to get him on a Ling but was wondering what the Salmon fishing is like over there this time of year. I'm usually only around there early season. Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
My buddy is in from out of town and wants me to take him fishing, not in Vancouver. Was going to cross over to Silva tomorrow to get him on a Ling but was wondering what the Salmon fishing is like this time of year. I'm usually only around there early season. Any help would be much appreciated.
Well with the amount of fish around Van, I wouldn't be making the run for a shot at lings that have been getting hammered for the last 3 months. Just my 2 cents

Well with the amount of fish around Van, I wouldn't be making the run for a shot at lings that have been getting hammered for the last 3 months. Just my 2 cents
Well this is what I've tried explaining to him. It was supposed to be a three day trip that turned into an overnighter and he's hell bent on getting out of dodge.

Back