2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Out for a walk today along the Fraser. FN got an opening. Seen them drop nets at noon exactly

Hey special k @ sandheads learn some etiquette and how to drive in a pack stop cutting peeps off and slowing down and pick a point and drive straight !!!!!

Looking for anwsers as I am stumped . Thought to have a relaxing evening to trolled around hitw. 2 rods down at 40 and 60 and getting hits every 2 mins. Tips shake or get pulled then stops. Then it repeats itself constantly on both rods. But nothing sticks. Tried many times to set the rod and nothing sticks. Weird thing was the anchovy looked clean and untouched every time. Repeated itself this morning. Hit after hit but nothing. Finally gave up and went out to PA. Got one pink and lost 2 others so could not be the gear I was using. Never experienced this before so wondering what and why???

Looking for anwsers as I am stumped . Thought to have a relaxing evening to trolled around hitw. 2 rods down at 40 and 60 and getting hits every 2 mins. Tips shake or get pulled then stops. Then it repeats itself constantly on both rods. But nothing sticks. Tried many times to set the rod and nothing sticks. Weird thing was the anchovy looked clean and untouched every time. Repeated itself this morning. Hit after hit but nothing. Finally gave up and went out to PA. Got one pink and lost 2 others so could not be the gear I was using. Never experienced this before so wondering what and why???
Could just be jelly fish or bait balls

Your line or downrigger cable hits the baitfish in the ball and you think you're getting a nibble. Or you've proven true the rumour/folklore that sometimes big fish bite the flasher.

Jelly fish

I am feeling one up'ed ... mine was a 24 lber caught between T10 and North Arm at 40 feet during a late afternoon fish.:)
Hahaha you should;).... my wife's first time reeling and fighting the fish with no help from me. I was just the net man lol. Anyways boxed 25 and 19 lost a mid teener and threw back half doz stinky pinkys kept a decent size one for the inlaws lol...chovies 50-60' boys get out here the fish are everywhere

Back