2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Fishing Friday afternoon, mooring up at union steamship over night and fishing all Saturday before the big birthday kegger. Someone throw the guy a bone with a somewhat current report .... Please

Fishing Friday afternoon, mooring up at union steamship over night and fishing all Saturday before the big birthday kegger. Someone throw the guy a bone with a somewhat current report .... Please

Same spots which have been decent for a few weeks. The "Spot" has been quiet as of late as much of the bait has moved on....the other more westerly spots have been better and are closer to the Union ;)

Same spots which have been decent for a few weeks. The "Spot" has been quiet as of late as much of the bait has moved on....the other more westerly spots have been better and are closer to the Union ;)
Thanks! After heading out further to find the fish last week (Costa Rica) and reading the great "local" reports last weekend, I was hoping the "Spot" would hold up for this weekend ... guess we'll have to find a new spot tomorrow.

Thanks! After heading out further to find the fish last week (Costa Rica) and reading the great "local" reports last weekend, I was hoping the "Spot" would hold up for this weekend ... guess we'll have to find a new spot tomorrow.

The fish are still on structure...just moving around a lot. Howe Sound has it.

I know people who plied the Harbour since morning and still are and have yet to boat legal dinner...except for Crabs

Last couple years I've done pretty good from the mile marker to the bell on this weekend ,but I just started to fish up Howe sound again and I've seen a lot of bait and done pretty well so what's a guy to do lol tight lines everyone!

Heading out tomorrow for the window of low wind, likely south side of Bowen . Going for the trifecta again :D

Last edited:
Pounded around yesterday and had one hookup at Tunstall at 90 feet on a chovy which came un buttoned. Fished there from daylight for about 4 hours then moved to the hole and fished there for couple hours where we got an undersize. Talked to some guys there that had one legal on board. They were fishing there from morning till when we left there. Went to Defense after that where there were a couple boats fishing the shallow sea bed drop off. We trolled around there a couple hours with no action then headed back to fish the stretch between Sunset and the hole where we had another brief hook up on a no bananas spoon.
Tons of bait showing in all the areas we fished. Water/wind conditions were great.

20170331_072202_zpsryioko2w.jpg

20170331_140820_zpsi91isqnw.jpg

20170331_083414_zpsyauzocum.jpg

20170331_150015_zpstwx9llyw.jpg

Well , thats part of our secret , but i will tell you,....we did not use traps.
A special bait and hook.

Back