2015 Nanaimo Reports

Couple nibbles tonight nothing stuck Beauty night on the water ..
69a87d1b53843abc6b9f7c397679fe00.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a chance to head across to Thrasher yesterday. The wind was down, which made for a easy crossing. Fished between 9:30am - 2:00pm. Fished 110-130ft down with both a glow hootchie and kitchen sink spoon.

Was able to land a 21 lb white spring... Put up a great fight, lots of long runs.

ed083ac74115dd9bd1de8f1654ba5182.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thrasher highway

crossed over to thrasher this morning - rougher than expected and fishing was also rough - northwest swells with a large ebb tide. I only saw one net out in the southerly section but given the conditions I was focusing more on the boat. I then trolled south towards Porlier on the outer ledge and 'wow!!!!' I saw a large 'highway' of fish on the sounder at the 300' mark - it went on for kilometres and kilometres and when I dropped my line to 200 I had a fish in less than 30 seconds. About a 12 lb spring - released it back. I then brought up my second line and dropped an anchovy back to 200 and 'wham' another 12 lb spring within 5 minutes (also released). Both were great fights and didn't want to come up from 200.

I have never seen a 'highway' like I did this morning. Thus my question, in there any such thing as a highway in the Salish Sea? I often fish a Porlier and wonder about the outer ledge to Thrasher and my first attempt to fish it was memorable.

Some nice fish boys,, well done to all.

I know hey... First two were in the boat by 6:15 , the larger one came around 9:30... 145-165 feet white hoochie and a glow oil-slick hoochie..

73f7187d5f34820d0e2d9658860a0c8e.jpg

She makes them look bigger. Was decent again in Nanaimo, few mid teens finally made it to the boat. Away till June. Hope to keep seeing good reports!

nice looking fish Jeffy we got out later around 9 AM lots of boat,s never seen a net come out, still a great day on the water

Cheers

Thanks man, anyone been out lately , conditions look good right now, was thinkin of heading out ..

I was out today. Got a decent spring near the humps and a couple ling near entrance. Then wind was tough and the bite was early.

Ya BWD was way wrong, going to launch at 5... Hope his morning forecast is a little more correct ...

Bigwavedave is usually right most of the time but he was wrong this morning again.... Still fishable
7480784281ac8064e5b369c8dad3014b.jpg

Back