2014 Logger's Derby

I'll be fishing out of a very fishy boat...mwahaha.... see you out there...

That kind of talk does result in this....

Jinx.........

Yup. We are hexed now :(. Jeff won't be allowed in the heated cabin during the event. I hope he brings good rain gear.

Well that rules out Sculpin...

Never considered myself a very good salmon fisherman but Jeff is right in that my gal is fishy :p:). At least she smells that way after a day on the water lol:D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never considered myself a very good salmon fisherman but Jeff is right in that my gal is fishy :p:). At least she smells that way after a day on the water lol:D.[/QUOTE]

Bait all over your boat doesn't count.:p And we will leave the rest of your quote alone!:cool: LOL

I thought camping was free that weekend?
1549500_249210085246887_611608491_n_zpsd993440c.jpg

yes camping & moorage is free, The $6.00 charge is if you want power....

ive been doing the derby for many years ,
i do NOT RECOMMEND tenting lol , last year we had a monsoon that almost sunk boats ,including mine , think it was like 8 or 10 inches in one night!! not kidding.. ... wind gusts that almost lifted the front of my trailer ,
not the norm , but , it is winter , anything is possible , the weigh ins were sunny t shirt weather the past couple years , so be ready for anything is what i guess im saying ,

and yes , im getting messages about camping as well , Is it not free anymore Jon ??
thought it always has been , not my buis , just sayun...

gd lk all

fd

The only charge is $6.00 a day for power hook up...

Just off the Phone with Marg from Poett Nook Management ,
yes camping and moorage is still free , but charging for power as usual ,,
same o same o
always lots of space , never fills up.. fisherman are spread out through-out Barkley Sound
Poetts a Great Option....

still on the fence if were goin, well see...

great event , get out there

fd

Yup. We are hexed now . Jeff won't be allowed in the heated cabin during the event. I hope he brings good rain gear.
..bwahaha.. I wasn't bragging..and have no fishing ego... I have never even caught a winter spring... :).. off to buy raingear...thanks a lot Garry...

There is enough of us staying at seabeam, you guys up for a side bet. $20 per person, winner take all???

I'm not a gambler per say Gary (I'm a contractor and gamble every day lol). The other crew members may put in. Bart's handle is chipstealer so I think he's in lol.

Looking forward to the the whole thing. Should be good times.

Yup. We are hexed now :(. Jeff won't be allowed in the heated cabin during the event. I hope he brings good rain gear.

Gee.... You being nice about this :)

I'd be towing the guy 20ft behind the boat in a dingy with a pink rod and a minnow net and Hit Me painted on the sides.

Your just banishing the guy closer to the rods. No wonder he feels he has already won..... :)

That's all your Derby. I heard the boys dressed your boat up for your next trip. Looks good in pink though. :)

I was thinking more along this line of dingy........

Id get good use out of the wash down pump all day. Banished to the dingy LOL :)

I think that one is known as the Broke Back Boat crew Won't be hard to spot on the water. Chances are they will catch all the big fellas.

They are just roughing you up a bit Jeff to get you ready for the cold and the derby. If you bring enough to drink and keep you warm you will be fine, and unless you lose the first fish, I don't think Sculpin will make you walk the plank!

They are just roughing you up a bit Jeff to get you ready for the cold and the derby. If you bring enough to drink and keep you warm you will be fine, and unless you lose the first fish, I don't think Sculpin will make you walk the plank!

tshirtpiratebeatings.jpg

Back