2014 F-150 Headache Rack with small winch?

Fishboy89

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to assist with pulling my lake boat into the truck bed. It is getting too heavy to lift and push into the truck bed especially on an angle, and I do not want to put it on a boat trailer as some of the roads I go down are too rough.

I am thinking of a small winch mounted to a stout headache rack that goes into the truck bed stake posts and also mounted to a couple feet of the bed frame, sorta like this:

https://images.app.goo.gl/drcMuy7H64r64nK39

I want the top to be flush with the top of the truck as I need to go into low height parkades some times. I would probably use little ramps covered with UHMW to get the boat going up to the tailgate. The boat only is about 150 pds fully loaded so we are not talking a lot of weight for the winch to pull up - just more than I want to lift and push with a sore back.

Is there anybody in Vancouver that could fabricate this for me or are there truck rack businesses that I should contact?

Thanks!

there are lots of us on here that can make that, do you have launching wheels on the boat

Back