2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pay attention now lucky...
just like tying your shoelaces....
Rabbit goes around the tree then into the hole.....

Drinking and boating (in just about anything that floats) carries the same penalties as drinking and driving a car. Your driver’s licence can be suspended for one year up to a lifetime depending on whether it is a first, second or subsequent offence. The laws are enforced by local, provincial and federal police who carry alcohol-screening devices on the water.

You can be charged with Impaired Operation of a Vessel under the Criminal Code of Canada if your blood alcohol level exceeds .08 (80 milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood). If you are convicted, a judge can suspend your boating privileges. Upon conviction, a person is liable of the following:

1st offence - a minimum fine of $600
2nd offence - imprisonment for not less than 14 days
3rd & subsequent offence - sentence varies with province
In all provinces of Canada, operating a boat while under the influence of alcohol is illegal. In some provinces, no one on board can consume alcoholic beverages while the boat is being operated. In Ontario, you can't even transport alcohol unless the boat is classed as a "home" (see below). There are differences between provinces, but all require alcohol on board to be packaged and out of reach.

On my boat I don't drink, but if my fishing partners bring a few I don't have problem with it. I think moderation is the key I wouldn't want to be on a boat with bunch raging drucks :) Although the washdown pump would make a for quick cleaning

They didnt seem to have a problem with us having a couple beer. I had one in the cup holder beside me when they pulled up . They just asked how many we had and we were honest with them and all we got was a "ok be safe and have agood day" . Six beer between three people isnt going to cause a problem out there .

I could certainly be wrong but my understanding through my Power Squadron courses is that you can only have alcohol on board a boat that has sleeping accomodations as well as a galley and you had to be moored or tied up to be consuming them. But... like I said that's just my understanding of it.

I moved my response post to another thread ( Alcohol Consumption in saltwater section) as I was forgetting this is a Fishing Reports thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guy's anybody have a report from the cap? Is now the time to start shifting from the fraser to the cap? I tryed last year 5 times to hook a cap spring with no success. I want to prove that I can do it this year, it's kind of my last goal for this fishing season. I am planing to hit it on Saturday, if anybody has some tips i'm all ears

Fish the last 2 to 3 hours of the flood tide thru the slack tide and if that time period coincides with either early a.m. or late p.m. then that is definitely best. I have the most luck when I am bottom bouncing anchovies.

We were out Sunday with a double trifecta. Three species of fish with a high twenties red. Second part being almost run over by a two man sail boat going around the bell bouy, then one guy (name of boat not to mention) decided to troll thru the line of everyone and I want not going to let him thru. Then so &$@? In a mid sized yacht steaming right as me without even changing directions. I had to take immediate action so he didn't run me over. Huge wake right behind. If anyone of you were around you would have heard me yelling at him. I guess it was a good thing my batteries were dead in my handheld VHF. I just don't understand some people out there. Other than that fish were in the box.

About booze on the boat. Don't think that six beers is ok for who ever. The cop was being a good guy that day. Wait until you meet the guy that has had a rough day.

I carry bouncing Bettie's for people that get too close. And ball bearings when I ride my Harley. Some people need a real wake up call out there.

Cannibal.

Can someone tell me where, I can pick up anchovies. I'm in the Pitt Meadows area.
Thanks Guys.
:cool:

Searun fly and tackle may be the closet place too you or wholesale sports in Langley , you want to buy Ryse Davis no other brand compares.

Hit sandheads yesterday with a couple rookies who wanted action so we hammered pinks about 20 in two hrs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back