2013 Bamfield Tuna Shootout

Apparently some people don't like me posting reality on this thread.....

Have fun everybody but be safe!

I'm out

Remember the trend is your friend!! Wed the swell is starting to lay down and by late wed the wind has dropped-my guess is it will continue to improve next thurs and Friday. Good luck

Remember the trend is your friend!! Wed the swell is starting to lay down and by late wed the wind has dropped-my guess is it will continue to improve next thurs and Friday. Good luck

Nice saying. I believe this is what everyone is hoping for. Fingers are crossed.

Apparently some people don't like me posting reality on this thread.....

Have fun everybody but be safe!

I'm out

I've got no problem with you posting facts on this thread whatsoever. With that said it should be clarified that just because the Commies are fishing 70 miles off the canyon wall doesn't mean there's no fish in the canyon. It's quite well known that commercial boats do not fish the leading edge, in fact, off of the Washington coast, many larger commercial vessels never fish the canyons at all and stay 200+- miles out. Ever caught salmon on big bank with no commercial trollers around?

BIG SHOUT OUT to the Harbour Chandler for donating a brand new HDS 7 Touch with built in everything!!! They also supplied the buckets that will be filled with all sorts of goodies from various sponsors that will be given to every boat that enters. The HC also donated some energy drinks that will be in every bucket. These buckets are a gift not a prize, to say thank you for showing up. Cool stuff for sure :cool:.

Thank you for participating folks :).

Cheers,
Sculpin

Last edited by a moderator:
Water is looking much better next thurs-keep your fingers crossed-sometimes these systems move a little faster-the wind is down on wed and backing which could be a good sign. As they say in the Met world-All will be revealed in the fullness of time!! Good Luck Guys!!

Goodluck to ALL the SFBC members entered in the Tuna shootout.. i will watching the reports from my rigshack here in Drumheller .. somebody save me a Tuna steak for the BBQ !:p

Just waiting for our American brothers to show up. Hitting the road around 1:00. See you up there. Should be a good time :).

I have a half loin in the freezer with your name on it Jeff :cool:.

See you Wednesday buddy! Can't come soon enough. Boat is pretty much loaded, have all the secret gear, only good times to come.

The derby has begun. Coastguard gave their safety talk and Q cove is currently giving their tuna seminar.

AD7DF349-00CD-4E0A-92B5-EEFA75348DF8-317-00000018C2B6DF9C_zps110e1a35.jpg

Some of the prize table. Hds 7 touch screen with side scan, hummingbird 788ci, 10 Amundson Tmx4 mooching reels, a number of Amundson rods, the list goes on.

468E6511-C463-416C-A87A-6B50C80BF350-317-00000019BFE77A00_zps4d71e41f.jpg

One the way in we ran into Derby who wasn't having a good day....

We rolled into town right at 6:30 and scrambled to get set up. Jeff and the other folks had everything all under control and it went smoothly. The joint was pretty packed. Nice to see.

Ken from Qcove tackle put on an awesome tuna seminar. There was ton's and ton's of information in it.

Some of the prizes laid out. There is some reeeeally nice stuff for sure.

The captains buckets.

It was a great time. I met quite a few tuna addicts but didn't get a chance to meet everyone there. Some of the folks heading out today disappeared pretty quickly afterwards. For those of us that didn't have to get up in the morning.................

.....well let's just say what happens in Bamfield stays in Bamfield LOL!!!:rolleyes::p:D

Haa haa... Yup what happens in Blamfield stays in Blamfield.... :) Guess one needs to slow down well doing the Blamfield 500 race.... Thanks for the hand ... :)

Any fish come in today? Hoping this weather turns for the crew so we can all get out there. Looking forward to hitting up Bamfield, never been, going to be a blast either way. See you guys Wednesday afternoon.

Back