2013 Bamfield Tuna Shootout

Thank you sir
what time do we need to there for the captains meeting and where will that be held at?

is there anything that me and my Crew can help you guys out with to get ready? I know you have lots going on and if there something you guys need from the cuty of Vancouver or anything on the way up, please let us know

Happy to help anyway that we can

Mac.

HI Guys,

wondering about the diesel situation?
I hear one of the floats/stations may have some water issues
Thanks in advance for your input

Mac.

I've been buying Diesel from McKay all summer with no issues. Haven't seen a drop of water in my separator.

Cheers,

Thanks for the offer! At the moment we are ok with everything, just planning the last minute details. I will be sending and email out later this weekend to all the captains with schedules, info etc. Cheers

Hey Crew,

Was wondering what our processing options are while at the ShootOut? This is hoping that we do get some tuna.

We were out off of Brooks Pennisula yesterday with part of my crew, warm water was only 15 miles out, tuna everywhere. With our rookie skills we only managed to put two in the boat. Got everything dialed in I think and we are pumped about heading down in a few weeks.

Starts this Friday boys!! Exciting **** for sure!!!

So many cool prizes and fishing is great. Bunch of the Bamfield fleet hammered in Nitinat and Louden over the weekend.

Lets do this.

If anyone is interested in having a designated driver let me know. I can't fish this year but I think I could of great help. Plus it allows you and your guests to fish well someone else keeps the lines and decks in good order.

Give us a like on Facebook at "BC Tough" if you want to keep up to date on the Tuna Shootout countdown and info.

The trophies for first, second and third also just arrived! Big thank you to Jack Willoughby at Anvil Island Design (http://www.anvilisland.net/) for helping us out. These custom steel Albacore are amazing.

HI Guys,
Question:
I bummed a large fish tote from a pal and would like to have it filled up so that if mills gets overwhelmed we could draw from that... anyway, my pal is driving my truck, leaving from Vancouver on Friday morning, where would be the best place to get it filled between Vancouver and bamfield?
Steveston, maybe a plant in nanaimo, parksville, Albernie?

Thanks for your input

The trophies do look cool, nice work

French creek seafood plant.
Also in port Alberni someone will chime in the location

HI Guys,
Question:
I bummed a large fish tote from a pal and would like to have it filled up so that if mills gets overwhelmed we could draw from that... anyway, my pal is driving my truck, leaving from Vancouver on Friday morning, where would be the best place to get it filled between Vancouver and bamfield?
Steveston, maybe a plant in nanaimo, parksville, Albernie?

Thanks for your input

The trophies do look cool, nice work

I'm heading in Friday early afternoon from Nanaimo and coming out sat. morning...anyone require a ride in to Bamfield? :)
Our boat is fishing later in the week in the shoot out and I just wanted to check out the semiar.... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I sure hope things change because it looks horrendous as far as Mon midnight-which is as far as swell watch goes!! My hopes are with you guys-but bring some cards, a good book and tons of stories to Bamtown-you may need them!!!!!

Back