2012 Vancouver, Howe sound and Sunshine coast reports thread

I have been following the forums for a year or so now ad would like to Thanks for all the info and reports supplied. Heading to the "Hump" tomorrow at 7am. Boat name GypsyKing, Yellow with White Aluminum hard top... Also on channel 88a
Cheers

I have been following the forums for a year or so now ad would like to Thanks for all the info and reports supplied. Heading to the "Hump" tomorrow at 7am. Boat name GypsyKing, Yellow with White Aluminum hard top... Also on channel 88a
Cheers

Welcome Gypsy......I am pretty sure I have seen your boat out there in the past.

Good luck!

The Hump now.

Trolling hump right now.
It is southwest of Bowen island. 500' depth over large area. Troll around and if you hit fish mark on GPS. Then circle back for more
Cords
49 19' .47N
123 29'.614W

No action sofar except for undersized ling near Bowen. I think they are not open anyway.
Word is bait from 130' to 170' We have tried bait and spoons. Trying hootchies too.

I will provide update if anything interesting shows up.

Tight lines

Eastpoint

Cheers
welcome Gypsy,
should see you out there tomorrow. I may give you a hollar on the radio just to see whats happening if its worth
the travel out or stay in the harbor for the high slack and ebb
forcast is for 10-20kt northwesterlies could get a bit lumpy
Tim (aka hookin-up)

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome Gypsy,
should see you out there tomorrow. I may give you a hollar on the radio just to see whats happening if its worth
the travel out or stay in the harbor for the high slack and ebb
forcast is for 10-20kt northwesterlies could get a bit lumpy
Tim (aka hookin-up)

Thanks for the Welcome!! See ya out there tomorrow!

Thanks for the Welcome!! See ya out there tomorrow!
Welcome to you too Staylor, or are you Gypsy Im confused now:confused:
see ya both out there tomorrow
Tim

Welcome to you too Staylor, or are you Gypsy Im confused now:confused:
see ya both out there tomorrow
Tim

Opps! Yah they are both me... Didn't like the staylor handle so changed to something more appropriate. Guess I was still logged in under the old name on the iPad.

Fished from 8 am to 12 pm out at the Hump. It got pretty windy and my buddy was green, so tucked in at the backside of Bowen and then hit Grace. Had to 2 solid hits at the Hump on choive at 125 feet and that was it. Quit at 3 PM when a buddy called with an extra ticket to the Canucks game.

I would have stayed out fishing, more entertaining and ALWAYS A WIN WIN SITUATION to bad you had to miss some quality time !
PS , Hope the tic was free

Yes the ticket was free.....just too bad the Canucks can't figure out how to run a power play! Hope to hear some more reports with fish from this weekend.

Fished the harbour from 8 till 2. Nothing but undersize for us. Got our limit in crab. And 1 trap was mysteriously not were we left it. Never did find it.

Fished the harbour from 8 till 2. Nothing but undersize for us. Got our limit in crab. And 1 trap was mysteriously not were we left it. Never did find it.
you didnt happen to leave it over by the ambleside pier did you with a yellow float?
we had 1 good hit that didnt stick, 1 rather large pacific cod which thought he would like to try out a cop car, and 4 nice crabs for our days work.

Nope. Off Jericho.....

poachers and theives strike again!! No trap is safe in vancouver waters...lol...sad but true. Toss your traps, toss your anchor...bout the safest way to come home with whats yours.

one day we are going to hide behind one of the tankers, gaffs at the ready!! Board and commandeer their ship pirate style! Sorry to hear GypsyKang..

poachers and theives strike again!! No trap is safe in vancouver waters...lol...sad but true. Toss your traps, toss your anchor...bout the safest way to come home with whats yours.

one day we are going to hide behind one of the tankers, gaffs at the ready!! Board and commandeer their ship pirate style! Sorry to hear GypsyKang..

Good advice FB. Especially for an area known for theft. Keep your eyes open and any hanky panky going on call it in for sure. Report the vessel number and description.

I had to do the pirate thing once and I hope to never have to do it again. I did get all my prawn stuff back but I was shaking for 1/2 an hour afterwards. I couldn't even drive the boat I was so hopped up on adrenaline!!!!

Back