2009-Barkley-Bamfield-Poett Nook Fish Reports

Dan I see your post came in after 11 last night. You wouldn't have been drinking by chance...

That hippy guide rules and will smash you to bits if you get in his way!

Lots of halis on the bank. About to go for my last trip of the year. Boo hoo.

Gimee the gaff!!!

quote:Originally posted by C.S.

Last trip Jeff?If the weather holds you should come over this side of the rock for a day of flat water fishin/drinkin?

Hey & Hi CS!
Spoke with The Rabbi yesterday. I too have my last run tomorrow, so headed to Ukee in a few hours now. Then will be putting the boat to bed for the season. But, Osma and I were toying with the idea of a run from BamBam to cap the season by simply "playing". I'm likely overstepping my bounds for not chatting with The Man before I suggest this, but... Were you interested, you could likely run to Bamfield from here with me to get in on the day...

Just a thought, and of course you'd need to speak with The Rabbi. Might be a little FUN involved though... [^]

Cheers,
Nog

I am also a little surprised that you would be ending the season this early - isn't there still a lot of good fishing to be enjoyed?

Last year we fished Ukee until october 15, many nice days with awesome fishing.:D

quote:Originally posted by IronNoggin

quote:Originally posted by C.S.

Last trip Jeff?If the weather holds you should come over this side of the rock for a day of flat water fishin/drinkin?

Hey & Hi CS!
Spoke with The Rabbi yesterday. I too have my last run tomorrow, so headed to Ukee in a few hours now. Then will be putting the boat to bed for the season. But, Osma and I were toying with the idea of a run from BamBam to cap the season by simply "playing". I'm likely overstepping my bounds for not chatting with The Man before I suggest this, but... Were you interested, you could likely run to Bamfield from here with me to get in on the day...

Just a thought, and of course you'd need to speak with The Rabbi. Might be a little FUN involved though... [^]

Cheers,
Nog

www.cobbcanada.ca

still hitting the odd spring,, coho a plenty, 7 mile...got a couple hali's before it blew up ... water isn't red anymore.cohos inside now and showing gooood size. goin back for the last weekend of sept. thurs til sunday. see you there? Come on EVO !!!

Coho fishing inshore is great right now with 10+lb fish being the norm.

Halis are back on. Last trip out yielded a 65, 52, 33,30 and missed one on a three hour fish.

Looks like a great weather system is about to show itself, it will be a great last of the season.

Enninberg - some awesome fishing still to be had. Just not that many people capitalize on it like yourself. Once the bulk of the springs are gone, so are the people! Still great coho and hali fishing.

I'm leaving tomorrow for the interior on an elk hunt so will be offline for a while. Play nice!

Gimee the gaff!!!

Fellas
Well , I believe another season just passed , What a great year we had , Never would have thought , We met a lot of new faces this year , Both @ Poett and Bamfield , Thanks to all of you that contributed great reports , knowledge , assistance when called upon , Matt ( Iron Noggin ) Jeff , Brad ( Mills ) , Charlie , Ken ( Rocky Point Charters ) “ Unknown “ etc … there were a lot of you . Cheers..

My last report most likely for the summer ,
Fished 2 days only, 12th n 13th , 3 of us , Mario ( Spac’s ) , and our extremely talented and my Fricken God , “ Thirsty “ driver Ed !! great job , marked every fish we hit , got some deleting to do on the sonar , lol ,,, , First morning , while waiting for Jeff out in front of the Harbor , we dropped our lines down for a few passes , hooked into 2 nice Feeders , 8 – 10 lb Chromers , we then went and tried Kirby for a couple of passes , natta , pulled up , hit Swale , same , over to Diplock , bait was so thick , we were hitting Pilchards on Rubber , still , nothing , finally , 9:30 am , moved over West side Flemming , wham , game on , 7 Coho , all between 8 – 14 lbs , bite was over by noon , pulled up back to the dock. Went out that evening for a few passes out front of the Nook , Yankee , hit 3 more nice coho , all 30 – 40 feet , Bait was not used all weekend , all on Rubber. Went for a cruise looking for activity , found some large bait areas closer to Bamfield , marked them , back there the next morning , we were into fish within a few minutes , had 7 fish in no time at all , fish were smaller , 8 – 10 lbs only , but , we were happy, other boats were doing well as well , some not so good. Back to the dock by 10. last , Sunday evening , same spot , 6 pm , Shyte hit the fan , 5 more Coho , 15 –17 – 18 –20 and last a 22 lber , my largest ever , what an awesome night , back at the dock by 7:30 pm , There were very few Springs , at least at our dock , the ones I did see , were getting dark , Reports indicated the banks were calm , so was the fishing , not that great , Hali was alright ,The Weather was amazing , fished in shorts all weekend , Again , what a great season , had a blast.]

Take care , see ya soon , winter fish are just around the corner. See ya on the water.

Off to Cabo in the morning , sleigh some yellow tail , on fire right now…
Some pics , enjoy…FD..:)

IMG_3689.jpg

IMG_3699.jpg

IMG_3704.jpg

IMG_3708.jpg

IMG_3712.jpg

IMG_3716.jpg

IMG_3709.jpg

IMG_3509.jpg

FD,
thanks for a nice "year end wrap-up report". Great thread again this year. Always fun to hear what is going on in B sound.

tight lines
Fjordshark

Well, I must have been doing something wrong, cuz I spent two days trolling between Pill Point, Diplock and Baeria and just got 4 coho. Tried spoons, hootchies and plugs, but the buggers would not bite after 9 AM. Oh yes, I released a couple of shakers (feeder springs). At the end I had to stick to plugs because so many perch and sea bass (or whatever those fish are) were constantly biting at hootchies/spoons and you would not realize you had a little fish on until you checked your lines. [}:)]

To me, this is the slowest year for salmon in Barkley Sound (and definitely the slowest September) I have experienced in the last 12 years.

Today there were lots of humpback whales feeding in Imperial Eagle Channel.

And some fellows trolling inside Rainy Bay and off Kildonan. :([V]:(

Hey Fellas,,,

A long shot , I know , heading over this week for a Thanksgiving Dinner ,Battin down the hatches for the winter , bringin the sled home , My Aunt and Cousin , Marianna just came back from Croatia , She wants a bloody fish , and wants it now ,shes a die hard , a hell of a cook , can't wait, lol,, Any reports , this time last year , Coho were done , but ,The feeders were takers , will anyone else be there , give me a shout , pm,, lets go huntin..
604-802-9971

Felix - FD..;)

IMG_3509.jpg

Back