2001 24 Osprey Fisherman

Tailspin

I am contemplating bringing up a hard to find 01 24 Osprey Fisherman with a 5.7(350) volvo FWC duoprop from Oregon, low hours clean as new,Furuno Radar rocket launchers, windlas,heater loaded etc. May keep it for a season, but likely flip it to put towards my dream machine?

Question is, what are some opinions on price if i were to sell up here? I have some figures in my head!

Good point LC.
Probably easier and faster getting something cheaper for faster flip, and I guess less profit, than buying something expensive and sitting on it for awhile
vic

True enough LC, When i bought my boat 3 years ago in Oergon the dollar was not as strong. Very well priced and tempting Osprey though, could just hang on to it i guess. The smaller boats seem to move a bit quicker for sure.

So Tailspin, did you get the boat? Is there something you want me to look at for you, like a killer deal? Just kidding.

Scappoose, OR

Howdy,

Hey TS... if the price is right it doesn't matter what side of the border it's on.

Remember the cardinal rule:

"The profit is made not when you sell it but rather when you buy it!"

Pay too much for anything - and you're hosed from the get-go.

Good luck!

Terry

I did not get it yet, the price is right but the owner is keeping the trailer for his upgrade to the 26. The last Osprey i saw sell up here was a 96 22' and it went for over 40 at Sherwood.I had a look at the 26 canyonrunner at Mill bay marina for sale through Island Yacht sales, nice boats and great vis from the rear deck steering station, but a short cabin on canyonrunner model makes the deck look huge. Weird non skid, sprayed on the decks and gunnels by someone and yikes 115k .http://islandyachtsales.ca/powerboats/26ft_Osprey/Olympic_Spirit.htm
If i do get the 24 Fisherman i will list for around 60k with a brand new trailer or keep it and sit, as is very clean? I also found a nice 02 24' with twin 06 Zuke 140s. Decisions...

quote:Originally posted by Tailspin

I did not get it yet, the price is right but the owner is keeping the trailer for his upgrade to the 26. The last Osprey i saw sell up here was a 96 22' and it went for over 40 at Sherwood.I had a look at the 26 canyonrunner at Mill bay marina for sale through Island Yacht sales, nice boats and great vis from the rear deck steering station, but a short cabin on canyonrunner model makes the deck look huge. Weird non skid, sprayed on the decks and gunnels by someone and yikes 115k .http://islandyachtsales.ca/powerboats/26ft_Osprey/Olympic_Spirit.htm
If i do get the 24 Fisherman i will list for around 60k with a brand new trailer or keep it and sit, as is very clean? I also found a nice 02 24' with twin 06 Zuke 140s. Decisions...

Tailspin I have a 24 ft osprey for sale, fully equipted fished last 10 yrs port hardy,have not pushed sale hard as I am waiting for new eagle craft to be finished. Boat professionaly maintained. low 40's with trailer.

I have seen C-Leggs (Pierce's)boat and it is in imaculate condition and catches lots of fish. The owners are having a larger cruiser/fishing boat built right now this is the only reason they are selling this fishermens dream. I or anyone who knows them from Hardy will highly recommend this boat and the very well respected owners.

JMHO

Cheers ME

Thanks C Leggs and ME,

I am looking more towards flipping one to make a few bucks to put towards a future Dream Machine. I am sure C legs boat will sell fast as there are next to none available up here.

Totally Tyee at this time I do not have any photos other than some snap shots but I will get some, might take a day or so and if you can advise how to get them to you,This computer stuff is pretty new to me so if I mess up be patient. C-leggs

I have been looking for for one aswell. These boats are hard to find on the west coast (considering there built in Bellingham). I am in the process of having one shipped out from the east coast. It happens to be an 01 24 Fisherman. Even with having to buy a trailer and pay to have it shipped I should still be money ahead. So TS what is your dream machine? C-leggs sounds nice to bad I did`nt know about it.

Back