• 2101 Striper 1/2 Cabin

• 22 Sea Dory

• 22 Osprey

• 2120 Parker

• 20 Hourston

• 21 DV Steiger Craft

• 2o6 Double Eagle

Results are only viewable after voting.
we just purchased 22' seasport and love it so far. we looked at parker's, cdory, orcas, double eagles, campion etc and settled for the seasport because of their quality, very comfortable and roomy cabin and overall look. very impressed with the ride, fuel economy is decent and all new holes I've drilled (for the new riggers and depthsounder) and all fiberglass was thick and solid. loved parker's but the cabins are not as cozy. liked double eagle 208 but looked like the smallest deck possible on a 20' boat. looked at 22' cdory too but interior looked cheep and the boat was too light for my liking. Skagit Orcas are great boats, nice interiors but we just couldn't find one we could afford (our budget was $50k)

20 foot Double Eagle I/O, had one for years, probably the best hull Double eagle ever built. With that statement what I mean is simply this. The 18'6 I/O hull is great in rough seas but its incredibly deep for its length and takes a ton of power to preform and cruise at 25 plus, the 22 is also a great hull but most had bridges and they act like quite a sail in the wind due to the boat only being 22 ft long. The 24 was an unreal hull lots of flair nice bridge lots of beam it is a huge 24 ft'r but you need twin V8's to make her go, which was fine in the 70's when gas was cheap. Now back to the 20 I/O, perfectly proportioned with depth, length and beam. I had a 1981 with a 350 volvo DP, it had a 1.78:1 ratio drive with B-5 props. I cruised at 2800rpm and did 27MPH with a fuel burn of 5gal per hour. She would turn up to 4600RPm and achieve 40 MPH. Spent many a summers and winters cruising Desolation Sound, and many trips to Nootka Sound. That hull would take any weather the skipper would, very dry boat not a lot of water on the deck or glass. She packed 40 gallons of fuel with her two saddle tanks, cuddy was big enough for two adults, had a 12 volt fridge, 2 burner propane stove, sink and lots of storage. Truly one of the best boats I've owned.
Just my opinion
I never heard that they ever made a 24 foot double eagle. What year were those producedÉ

Any feedback on Zeta's?
We have a 1974 24' Zeta. I was told she was the 3rd one out of the mold. My dad bought it in 1987 or '88 and we still use it regularly as a cabin commuter in Howe Sound. She's a great boat, and perfect for our needs. Heavy layup for a local builder. Obviously not as heavy as a lot of east coast offshore builders, but she's a very solid boat. We refurbished her about 6 years ago and I expect to continue running her for the foreseeable future. Great sea boat, and we have her pretty stripped down for commuting - no galley and the v-berth is now for storage only.
IMG_4586.JPG photo 2.JPG

We have a 1974 24' Zeta. I was told she was the 3rd one out of the mold. My dad bought it in 1987 or '88 and we still use it regularly as a cabin commuter in Howe Sound. She's a great boat, and perfect for our needs. Heavy layup for a local builder. Obviously not as heavy as a lot of east coast offshore builders, but she's a very solid boat. We refurbished her about 6 years ago and I expect to continue running her for the foreseeable future. Great sea boat, and we have her pretty stripped down for commuting - no galley and the v-berth is now for storage only.
View attachment 57089 View attachment 57090

Very nice thank you fo sharing... lov'it

I voted for the 206 double eagle cause I have one...But the Monaro 21 is very nice. If you want to keep the inboard the cuddy and the kitchenette there is not much room left so every foot counts. DE and Monaro have very similar Deep v hulls And quality build.
You need to just view lots of boats, stand on them and just judge each one. Some of these boats are very old and a lot of it comes down to how they have been maintained, asking price and how much upgrading you have the stomach for. Also some of the old legs are obsolete and not an easy replacement.
cheers.

I voted for the 206 double eagle cause I have one...But the Monaro 21 is very nice. If you want to keep the inboard the cuddy and the kitchenette there is not much room left so every foot counts. DE and Monaro have very similar Deep v hulls And quality build.
You need to just view lots of boats, stand on them and just judge each one. Some of these boats are very old and a lot of it comes down to how they have been maintained, asking price and how much upgrading you have the stomach for. Also some of the old legs are obsolete and not an easy replacement.
cheers.

Lov'it... thank you

Olympic 21 walk around is a nice boat as well. Company merged with C Dory a while ago.

Olympic also made the 21WA in an outboard variant with a small glass pod. Great sea keeping characteristics for our region and very roomy for its LOA. Big open dance floor and dry warm cabin, your kids would need to be very small for this to be a family cruising/camping boat but an excellent fishing platform.

Buccaneer July 2010 104.JPG

Back