• 2120 Parker

• 20 Hourston

• 21 DV Steiger Craft

• 2o6 Double Eagle

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think you have two boats combined.
C-Dory 22
Sea Sport 22

https://www.nmiboats.com/boat-lines Consolidation is the name of the game in recessions, there are now 1-2 big aluminum boat builders that own 1/2 the production on the west coast.

For low operating costs, cruising, resale I would choose C-Dory and for Off-Shore, West and North Coast and all weather fishing, chop, the Sea Sport. Unfortunately I've never fished on any of the above but love my 25 C-Dory with all its pluses and minus, but took a hard pass on the 22 as tough to impossible to sleep a family of 4.

Parker 2120 or 2320 hands down. The best ride. rode on them all while i was boat shopping. Steigers are good and have a solid fiberglass deck but higher center of gravity and bigger forward chine that pounds.
The step down into pilot house is a minor inconvenience but an autopilot/outside station and repeater screen outside solves that.
parker does have wood in the deck but its fully encapsulated so once screws etc are sealed properly there will be no problem.

Awakening this thread :) Kinda changing the subject a bit... just browzing and looking at some old Zeta 24 as well as DE 206, I know the length makes a big diff on stability and performance.

Q. Are Zeta's really built heavy with the extra ordinary amounts of hand laid fibreglass that many claim?
Q. Are the DE 206 inboard crazy stern heavy? @Oly1
Q. Which would be the better of the two choices for general purpose use? (un pod'ed) lol

Attachments

• 62191180900__E3BDDA0C-7BB5-45B9-B75B-64644A0C8123.JPG
    62191180900__E3BDDA0C-7BB5-45B9-B75B-64644A0C8123.JPG
    432.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 62191180134__21FC557F-E1E0-4502-90AC-3FD345E7C0F2.JPG
    62191180134__21FC557F-E1E0-4502-90AC-3FD345E7C0F2.JPG
    335.9 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Last edited:
20 foot Double Eagle I/O, had one for years, probably the best hull Double eagle ever built. With that statement what I mean is simply this. The 18'6 I/O hull is great in rough seas but its incredibly deep for its length and takes a ton of power to preform and cruise at 25 plus, the 22 is also a great hull but most had bridges and they act like quite a sail in the wind due to the boat only being 22 ft long. The 24 was an unreal hull lots of flair nice bridge lots of beam it is a huge 24 ft'r but you need twin V8's to make her go, which was fine in the 70's when gas was cheap. Now back to the 20 I/O, perfectly proportioned with depth, length and beam. I had a 1981 with a 350 volvo DP, it had a 1.78:1 ratio drive with B-5 props. I cruised at 2800rpm and did 27MPH with a fuel burn of 5gal per hour. She would turn up to 4600RPm and achieve 40 MPH. Spent many a summers and winters cruising Desolation Sound, and many trips to Nootka Sound. That hull would take any weather the skipper would, very dry boat not a lot of water on the deck or glass. She packed 40 gallons of fuel with her two saddle tanks, cuddy was big enough for two adults, had a 12 volt fridge, 2 burner propane stove, sink and lots of storage. Truly one of the best boats I've owned.
Just my opinion

20 foot Double Eagle I/O, had one for years, probably the best hull Double eagle ever built. With that statement what I mean is simply this. The 18'6 I/O hull is great in rough seas but its incredibly deep for its length and takes a ton of power to preform and cruise at 25 plus, the 22 is also a great hull but most had bridges and they act like quite a sail in the wind due to the boat only being 22 ft long. The 24 was an unreal hull lots of flair nice bridge lots of beam it is a huge 24 ft'r but you need twin V8's to make her go, which was fine in the 70's when gas was cheap. Now back to the 20 I/O, perfectly proportioned with depth, length and beam. I had a 1981 with a 350 volvo DP, it had a 1.78:1 ratio drive with B-5 props. I cruised at 2800rpm and did 27MPH with a fuel burn of 5gal per hour. She would turn up to 4600RPm and achieve 40 MPH. Spent many a summers and winters cruising Desolation Sound, and many trips to Nootka Sound. That hull would take any weather the skipper would, very dry boat not a lot of water on the deck or glass. She packed 40 gallons of fuel with her two saddle tanks, cuddy was big enough for two adults, had a 12 volt fridge, 2 burner propane stove, sink and lots of storage. Truly one of the best boats I've owned.
Just my opinion

Thank you, from my boredom reading you are right on the money with your synopses. Did you find her stern heavy with the 350 DP? If an additional belly fuel tank was added, do you think it would have changed the handling of the boat?

Thank you, from my boredom reading you are right on the money with your synopses. Did you find her stern heavy with the 350 DP? If an additional belly fuel tank was added, do you think it would have changed the handling of the boat?
No, not stern heavy at all, belly tank would be difficult as the centre section steps down, could fill it in and add a tank I guess but would cut down on your headroom.

Any feedback on Zeta's?

That is a nice little rig, do they still make them, any inside pics?
Do you have a stove and sink in her?
How long is the V berth? Can it sleep 2? @MRWood
I don’t think they make them anymore. Mine is a 1992. It can sleep 2 in the cuddy. I’m 6”3 and can sleep width wise in it no problem. It does have a sink which is under the helm seat, no stove. Don’t need a stove just use the outside BBQ. I don’t have any inside pics handy but will post if I find any. I’ve had the boat for 12 years and haven’t had any huge urge to upgrade. I do like your 26’ Hourston project though

Last edited:
Getting the itch for another project? lol.

if I do it will be nothing like I did, I’ll never do that again, let’s Just say I’m exploring :)

Back