1st time Saltwater Fishing

C

chickakoo

Hi guy's my family and I are going to Campbell River next week, I am planning to go saltwater fishing for my first time :D,hope to get some info. How's the fishing in that area? Or is there another place that you think we should try . Is there any lucky lures a guy should try? Being that I don't know much about saltwater fishing I appreciate all the help. And good luck on your next fishing trip.

Thanks

Look forward to hearing from you

Get a hold of Blueorca do a search you should find him in here or email kevin (my escape)

Wolf

Well they have the local board member charters sorted out....as to the fishing, it is pretty good right now from what I've heard - apparently a closure starting on the 15th at Cape Mudge, so not sure if still in effect by the time you are there (likely as I thought last years went for awhile). Doesn't matter anyway as it's deep fishing and not that fun anyway for a first timer as the tides/currents can do a number on your gear. Is usually much better fishing north of seymour narrows so I'd look into that. You may also get into the beginning of some sockeye which would be nice, but the main flavour will be springs...10-30 pounds the typical range...the occasional bigger one, but usually later into August is when the 40-50's show up. Most charters SHOULD get you into fish but I wouldn't call it a guarantee in 1 day up there until August-October...they may beg to differ though and I'll let them answer that given how it has been for them lately!

Any info, just e-mail me directly. What size boat are you venturing in?
Dw25 is correct. Cape Mudge is now closed, so most of the effort now is north to Chatham and further afield.
The wall just north of the Browns Bay Marina always holds a couple fish at this time and is very accessable and safe for even the novice boater.

Dw25 is correct. Cape Mudge is now closed, so most of the effort now is north to Chatham and further afield.
The wall just north of the Browns Bay Marina always holds a couple fish at this time and is very accessable and safe for even the novice boater.

quote:Originally posted by blueorca

Sorry for not fully explaining myself, I do not have a boat. I am looking for a charter for 8 hrs. Can you tell me the going rates for a charter,and how is the fishing around Campbell River.Do you think 8hrs if enough time to catch some fish.

Thanks Chickakoo

quote:Originally posted by blueorca

Sorry for not fully explaining myself, I do not have a boat. I am looking for a charter for 8 hrs. Can you tell me the going rates for a charter,and how is the fishing around Campbell River.Do you think 8hrs if enough time to catch some fish.

Thanks Chickakoo

Back