1994 Yamaha outboards

Im looking at twin 150 Yamaha, two stroke outboards-oil injected, that are 1994's.
Does anyone know if they are good or not? and is it true that they are not hourly logged like other motors?
thanks
cowie

Those were good motors...actually great motors but it does mean anything. You need to find out the history on them. How many hours, were they on a work boat etc. 2 strokes can last a long time if they are properly serviced, expecially those older Yamis.

I have a '94 115 Yamaha , it is in good condition and has been looked after faithfully since purchase , over 2000 hrs easily and purrs , compression is still quite good.
Considered opinion...................a good sound two stroke motor in that year.

AL

I had a 130 2 stroke yamaha since new, it was around a 94,never ever, ever, gave me any grief.Just maintained it and kept care of it.Best motor i have owned.But like anything check it out.DAN

120/140Lter's - sorry c.s not even close [:p]

i was running twin 19889 200 carbed yamahas on a 7000lb boat ad we were using 75-100L at cruise an hour

cowieslabslayer

you stil stuck on the 2 strokes thing you might as well buy 3rd year HPDI not the OX66 or later years optimax dont buy fist two years of the optimax they wil be a little better on fuel than the carbs
If i were you I would not so much worry about the year of the hull you are buying in most cases just buy a hull in great shape
obviously some bad years out there for each manufacturer spend your money on your power
power is the one that gets you too and from

take it easy bud, soon i gotta get up there for a moose :) it was great seeing fishing with ya

cheers
BigC

cowieslabslayer

you stil stuck on the 2 strokes thing you might as well buy 3rd year HPDI not the OX66 or later years optimax dont buy fist two years of the optimax they wil be a little better on fuel than the carbs
If i were you I would not so much worry about the year of the hull you are buying in most cases just buy a hull in great shape
obviously some bad years out there for each manufacturer spend your money on your power
power is the one that gets you too and from

take it easy bud, soon i gotta get up there for a moose :) it was great seeing fishing with ya

cheers
BigC

Back