1990 150 hp evinrude electrical

That is a good question- and the answer I got is no.At least from what I was told. A 10 amp rectifier is for a regulated charging system,while a 35 amp is part of a non regulated system. Apparently for it to work you need to change the whole charging cct over non regulated as it can wreak havoc to your power pack,which is what the previous owner of my 91 Evinrude did.
I am still looking for a reasonably priced power pack.....

Ya it does not seem to power all of my electronics and charge the batteries

Are you thinking that changing the rectifier only will give you a better charging system? The only thing a rectifier does is change ac to dc voltage. They have two diodes and if one packs it in, you will have only half of your charging capability. I thing on your 150 you probably have a rectifier/ regulator assy. which changes ac to dc as well as limiting regulating your amperage so you dont overcharge. It also has two diodes and the same can happen. Make sure youre sure what your prob actually is before changing parts.

Your charging system has nothing to do with your power packs, I think on your model you have 2 powerpacks? Anyway, to get more amps to your charging system, you first have to upgrade your stator. I think the rectifier/ reg. should be the same but better verify that. Call Kevin at Seaworthy, 250 286 3361 in Campbell river. The guy is a wealth of knowledge on those older omc's. He probably has used parts for you too.

the ob was equiped with a 9amp charging system and to up grade I think I need to change the fly wheel, stator rectifier/reg and bearing carrier
does this sound right?

Back