19 foot Glasply - New Instructions from the home General

jimbob

Some may recall my posting from last week seeking advice about Parting Out my Glasply. My home General (aka my wife who I love dearly) doesn't want me to part out the boat so I am offering it as a package for $6000. Price includes:

*19 foot Glasply hull (she's solid as a rock but needs a good cleanup)
*Single axle trailer
*150 hp Yamaha 2 stroke (blown powerhead but many useful parts)
*trim tabs
*washdown system
*hydraulic steering package
*rear floodlight
*bilge pump
*custom made remote steering system (simple and it works great). You can run the boat while sitting right beside the downriggers.
*Lowrance Elite 5 chartplotter sounder (brand new)
*Lowrance LCX 18c chartplotter (GPS works great but needs new transducer for sounder to work)
*Rear deck sealed and strengthened with aluminum plate
*2 Scotty electric downriggers with extendable booms and swivel bases

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=20139&stc=1&d=1442586771

Attachments

• boat1.jpg
    boat1.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 627
Yes. To do the rebuild correctly you need to rebore all cylinders even though only one side is damaged. This means 6 new oversize pistons.

Here is a picture of the boat in action prior to installation of the rocket launcher rod holder system

Attachments

• boat in action.jpg
    boat in action.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 497
I did not get a written quote from my mechanic but he dd tear down the power head and indicated that 2 cylinders were damaged and needed to be rebored. He recommended that i get all six holes rebored and install 6 new over-size pistons. In addition the crank needs some work although I was able to get a line on a used crank in good condition for $600. Total price is in the range of $3000-4000.

Back