10 bucks a fish

a good number of commercial fishermen are FN, and have been commercial fishing for 100 years. You have discovered sockeye fishing in the last few decades,( commercial trollers only started catching sockeye 30-40 years ago) and want to eliminate commercial fishing. Give your head a shake!

a good number of commercial fishermen are FN, and have been commercial fishing for 100 years. You have discovered sockeye fishing in the last few decades,( commercial trollers only started catching sockeye 30-40 years ago) and want to eliminate commercial fishing. Give your head a shake!

Do those FN fisherman you mention also pay same commercial license/gst/ business taxes fee as non-native? Sorry I don't know how industry operates just curious.

I just talked to a FNs fisherman gassing up a bunch of Gerry cans at my local petrol station here in the Wack. He told me, they have to get the Commie fleet out of the river, he says after every commie opening, theres only a few fish entering his nets. Lol. He said everyone bitching about how many FNs catch, is nothing compared to the raping of the river by the Commie fleet...

Better than supporting Jimmy Pattison. And fresh sockeye packed in ice....if you cant tell its fresh you shouldnt eat fish for gods sake.

No need for headshake mikey. I know where the destruction of the fraser sockeye runs has been happening for the past century and yes I DO want to eliminate commercial fisheries that take over 80% of the harvest and 50% of the return. That would be the same as I would want to eliminate ANY fishery that takes that much biomass out of the system.

In addition, you might be interested to know that the Fraser institute has done numerous studies that point out that commercial salmon are a net drain to the economy and have been for decades. (Net Drain means that more money is spent on activities and government programs than the gross value of the fishery).

Last edited by a moderator:
there is only ONE direction to point a finger.....
and that is at our ,
Apartheid Government
We need to abolish Apartheid and make all humans equal.
end of story.

Never happen. mankind is much to greedy.
i totally disagree , this is a apartheid racist government that has not the balls to open the constitusion for change.
but it will and has to happen .... South Africa did it many yrs ago .
We all need to be educated and press for it. Tell your kids , tell your neighbours....
Lets demand abolishment of townships (reserves) and the Indian Act.....which was copied by South Africa (apartheid)and abolished many years ago.

Well there are a few summer runs in the Vedder. You're right not many, but a few. And then there is proven cases of fish that stray from one system to the other. I hear what you are saying though, the chances that those Steelhead that were caught in nets were most likely wild, I'm not arguing with you, or trying to enlighten anyone, just trying to engage in a discussion. Feel free to offer your enlightenment though.

Last edited by a moderator:
i totally disagree , this is a apartheid racist government that has not the balls to open the constitusion for change.
but it will and has to happen .... South Africa did it many yrs ago .
We all need to be educated and press for it. Tell your kids , tell your neighbours....
Lets demand abolishment of townships (reserves) and the Indian Act.....which was copied by South Africa (apartheid)and abolished many years ago.

there is a new show coming out called Utopia. now I know it will be tv and so not as real as reality but personally I,m betting they can not get it together as a group. they are going to need some $6 fish. lol

In my opinion the $10 fish are worth considerably less then that.. I admit I have bought the 10 buck fish before but after my last purchase I have decided I would NEVER do it again... sorry but the quality of the fish has seem a little questionable to me, it may have come from a big cooler full of ice when you bought it at the roadside.. but that doesn't mean it wasn't layin on the deck of a tin boat or stacked in a tote of fish without ice the day before..buyer beware...

my favorite is when they pull up behind the local ice rink and shovel the ice cleaning snow into the totes.

I'm hoping on a positive note and surprised no one mentioned it but with the flood of options for wild salmon hopefully it curtails the farmed salmon sales or at least drops their value for the next 6 months or year. This run has been building each cycle and seems stable so as long as the harvest targets the appropriate fish and not jeopardize the weak runs or species we should be thankful that commies, fn and sporties are all getting a pile of salmon and its not from the farms. Now hopefully the other three yrs of runs can rebuild as this run has in 2006, 2010 and 2014 have every year like this run.

I'm hoping on a positive note and surprised no one mentioned it but with the flood of options for wild salmon hopefully it curtails the farmed salmon sales or at least drops their value for the next 6 months or year. This run has been building each cycle and seems stable so as long as the harvest targets the appropriate fish and not jeopardize the weak runs or species we should be thankful that commies, fn and sporties are all getting a pile of salmon and its not from the farms. Now hopefully the other three yrs of runs can rebuild as this run has in 2006, 2010 and 2014 have every year like this run.

Good post, never gave that much thought.

Back