X-Raps

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fishing Forum' started by spring fever, Jan 25, 2018.

1. spring fever

spring fever Well-Known Member

I am fishing X-raps here in Mexico and I know guys use them for Tuna at home in B.C. but has anyone had any consistent luck with them for Springs off-shore? Thinking the medium size ones and if so I assume something in pilchard or herring colours OR?

2. kingblazer84

kingblazer84 Well-Known Member

Purple ghost I have in 4” I watched Mark Pendlington slam some nice coho with them

the fog ducker likes this.
  3. BearCove

BearCove Well-Known Member

I’ve had some limited success with them, caught a few.

I might need to be a bit more patient with them to produce better results but I see no reason why Chinook would not be attracted to them.

4. Fishtofino

Fishtofino Well-Known Member

I also have had limited success with Chinooks on them but the albacores love them and so do the Cohos when i troll into the green water from the blue. :)

Derby likes this.
  5. trophywife

trophywife Well-Known Member

white pearl or green , lots of feeder spring on big bank. never tried them deep. i thought of trying deep with down rigger but have not tried. last year i got coho , horse mackeral and feeders at big bank with them.

6. tubber

tubber Well-Known Member

7. Dogbreath

Dogbreath Well-Known Member

8. OutdoorsRep

OutdoorsRep Member

Have had limited success, but definitely need more time testing.
    Two ways to try would be using a dummy flasher and then Rapala up above, or using an inline flasher with extra long leader.

I like using the Scatter Rap Tail Dancer - https://rapala.ca/products/scatter-rap-tail-dancer -
    Very erratic action, runs smoothly at trolling speed, and colours that should work here (Bleak, Clown, Golden Alburnus)