WTB fish cleaning table/station suitable for salmon!!

tyeegalore

Looking fpr a large enough cleaning table for salmon, will be mounted on a cabin float, all types considered

yes on both accounts, gave me an idea to go to Industrial Plastics and see if they sell the pieces or build a tray like that and I can make the stand. Thanks
Poly or nylon or UHMW.....Super easy stuff to work with. Cuts with woodworking tools, takes screws well. Industrial plastics can hook you up and you can build exactly what you want

I’d go HDPE rather than UHMW, easier to work with and not as slippery either. UHMW has its place but not the best for this application. For a dash in lay or a cupboard door maybe but for a cleaning table I’d go HDPE.

IMHO.

I’d go HDPE rather than UHMW, easier to work with and not as slippery either. UHMW has its place but not the best for this application. For a dash in lay or a cupboard door maybe but for a cleaning table I’d go HDPE.

IMHO.
I agree....I made mine out of poly also but a guys gotta work with what he can get his hands on

King starboard if you feel like spending some dough

That is by far the best price for a reasonable cleaning table. 28.6" wide, with the head removed from a legal chinook you can fit easily plus another 8-9 inches.

Yah I think so. Even if it needs a couple extra stainless screws added to it here and there to strengthen it up some I would think it would be a decent buy,

If you can just find something with aluminum frame that is the best. When I used to make them I used a material (butchers use them and UV stable) similar to king starboard for top, and powder coated aluminum. I still have the original prototype one I made with Sculpin (member on here). That one had an aluminum trough in front, and is handy. If you search in US there are dozen companies that make dock type ones. You really get what you pay for with them. My choice still would be a welded aluminum frame any day of the week with the board that you can take off. Makes it multipurpose.

Believe it or not it is more expensive to make it out of 100% plastic. That material is not cheap. Good luck in your search...

This was one of the ones I stopped making while back. I sold quite a few to people with cabins etc.

upload_2020-9-8_21-21-30.png

Last edited:
Back