Warranty on US yamaha?

cletus

As I stated on my other thread I bought a new old stock wellcraft 210 coastal with a f150 yammi from california.It comes with 5 year yamaha warranty which i know is only good in the US.Yes I know i should buy local but this was to good of a deal.

Has anyone who has bought a new US yamaha ever had to take it back to the states for warranty, and did you have any trouble with the boat being registered in Canada?

When you registered your warranty with yamaha USA did you use your canadian address or a US one?

I did it. The dealer in the US should be the one to register the warranty for you. Yes, they give you a card to send back -- however, if you really want the warranty to be registered correctly get your dealer to do it for you and VERIFY they did it by calling Yamaha.

No trouble with the warranty claims when it came to servicing the engine. I ended up taking the boat over to Port Angeles to their shop there and they were able to complete the service.

I don't think the address was relevant -- I think it's more registering the engine as in service and covered under warranty for the period of time. I don't think it matters who's name it's under - just that it's registered with Yamaha. However, yes, I gave them my Cdn address.

Back