Thinking About Selling My 2014 Hewescraft Searunner 180ET

UkeeDreamin

Well, between ferry prices, halibut mgmt **** show, struggling salmon stocks and competing priorities I'm seriously considering selling my boat this fall/winter. While I know it's never wise to do the math when you own a boat, when I consider that the cost of maintenance, ferries, insurance and storage alone cost me more than 5+ all-day offshore charters it's got me seriously thinking. While there's nothing as fun or gratifying as doing it yourself, there are a lot of great guides out there and saving the stress of towing over the Coq, through Van and through the hydro hill area, as well as having to make the captains call on those bad sea-state days, seems appealing.

To be honest, these past two years we just haven't used it a ton on the local lakes (Shu/Adams) through the summer (just 5 trips this summer with all the Interior smoke!) to justify keeping it for one salt trip to Ukee and that little local use.

It's a 2014 soft top 180 ET Searunner, so 20ft bottom w/ full pod. Has a Yammy 115XA 4-stroke with 280 hours on it and a 2016 merc 9.9EXLPT kicker w/ full controls and steering linkage (power everything). Kicker has less than 50 hrs. Wired w/ new style plugs and two Scotty 1106s, blue seas dual battery pkg w/ cranking and house batteries, gen 2 HDS 7 plotter/finder w/ freshwater + ocean chips, etc, etc. Yammy main sips gas, tops out close to 40mph, cruises @ 28mph @ 4500 rpm and has 54 US gallon tank. Also has custom travel/storage cover, canvas includes full drop curtain. Flushed w/ freshwater and salt away after annual June Ukee trips, other than that freshwater use. Serviced every spring and fall since new. On an EZ loader trailer that had oil hub bearings redone this spring. Brand new, the 190ets are going for around 60k before tax, freight, etc and before final rigging (electronics, kicker, riggers, xtra battery, etc). I'm thinking of asking mid-40s.

Anyway, still in the thought process and will post up pics and links to kijiji/Craigslist if/when posted. In the meantime if anyone's interested they can PM me. Oh yeah, located in Kamloops but I head to Abbotsford to see the in laws regularly.

Cheers!

Ukee

Good luck. You can do all the things you mention in a >$10,000 boat. If you visit the in-laws regularly, the wife owes you that. Trade down to ameliorate the guilt of not using it enough. Or keep it. Aluminum boat prices these days indicate that depreciation might be a myth.

That's the plan - im happy to keep it if no ones interested as I LOVE this boat but also happy to sell at the right price and replace with something in the 8-12k range that's a bit smaller and more appropriate for lakes around here. Retirement's in about 10 yrs and if the Island is in the cards I'll be looking for something appropriate for the local fishery, whether that's west coast, north island or east coast.

Cheers!

Ukee

That's the plan - im happy to keep it if no ones interested as I LOVE this boat but also happy to sell at the right price and replace with something in the 8-12k range that's a bit smaller and more appropriate for lakes around here. Retirement's in about 10 yrs and if the Island is in the cards I'll be looking for something appropriate for the local fishery, whether that's west coast, north island or east coast.

Cheers!

Ukee
Did you sell that boat last year? Or do you still have it?
I am looking for a boat similar to this one.

Sold for what I originally paid for it in one day! I had a lot of regret while going over the boat with the new owners but couldn’t turn down getting my $ back after 4 seasons of use .... wish my stock picks did as well, lol!

Good luck in your search.

Cheers!

Ukee

Back